137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Today I received my new Seiko ...
This watch is the worst condition watch I have ever seen :mad:
Photos from auction:

...and the watch:

Ooo - when I saw this, I felt sick ??? ;D
..but, now case is clean, and the watch is waiting for some SPA :D by my watchmaker.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Some times when you take a chance on poor auction photos, it pays off, sometimes you get a science experiment like you got. I have also been on both sides of that gamble.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, most of poor photos win in a real, this time not :)

·
Administrator
30,347 Posts
This is what was under a 6105-8110 i have just removed (it is my day off today so some "Time on my Hands" ;D bezel would not rotate or budge for a while, underneath was solid with something like thick yellow mud, some times though strangely enough i think a load of gunge can protect as well and often under the gunge it is pristine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Where's the vomit smiley when I need it?? ;D

Good luck cleaning it up. I'm sure it will look completely different.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
eye_lip said:
Hello,
Today I received my new Seiko ...
This watch is the worst condition watch I have ever seen :mad:
Photos from auction:

...and the watch:

Ooo - when I saw this, I felt sick ??? ;D
..but, now case is clean, and the watch is waiting for some SPA :D by my watchmaker.
I feel your pain! I think this happens to all of us from time to time. At least you should have a sweet piece when it's done.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a feeling that when your watch is done, it will be gleaming! A high polish will take time, but should be of only moderate difficulty. It's about the journey, not the destination though, isn't it? BTW, I dig the black day/date wheels!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Isthmus said:
That thing looks like it spend some time at the bottom of a river. Dang that's a lot of mud.
That's not mud. The previous owner was Dr. Harry Fingerman, Cow proctologist

·
Registered
72 Posts
That looks more like FUR between the crevices of that chrono,

The previous may have been a cat person or a CAT !! LoL !!!

I bet it will look a world of difference after a clean up! Show us the after pictures !

Cheers!!

Jim

Attachments

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Thats one of the worst ive seen im afraid.TLC in big doses may bring it back to life.Good luck mate.Hope it turns out ok for you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
At the moment I am refreshing case .. I have to find new crystal, send watch to the watchmaker and I hope chrono will be ready soon !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts