The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Congrats Daron. I know you had been keeping a close eye on this one for a while now. I have handled it myself many times and I can attest to its high quality, heft and value for the money. Probably the best compromise north of a Monster and south of a Sumo.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I really like that watch: no frills, simple and effective - my kind of diver
I know the Monster is way more popular then the Spork, but for me it's really no contest when it comes to "simple" divers.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
LUW said:
I really like that watch: no frills, simple and effective - my kind of diver .
I know the Monster is way more popular then the Spork, but for me it's really no contest when it comes to "simple" divers.
[/quote]

And the movement is better too. I didn't know this 4r15 diver already had a nickname. ::)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

I like this design because of the simple high legible clock look alike. Maybe I have always have a soft spot towards military pilot style. Some felt that this watch didnt have it's own identity, more like Sinn but it's okay with me. I love Sinn's design on the same basis. Simple high legible dials like an airplane's clock. Bell & Ross have theirs as well. Frank knew I have been eyeing this one since it came out. As much as I like Sinn, the Lumibrite on this Seiko and the attractive pricing tipped me over. :)

Gabe, the watch wear wells on my wrist for a big watch. The fit is great but perhaps isnt as good as the Sumo. As Frank aptly puts it, this watch is the best compromise between the Monster and the Sumo. I'll do a mini review after I have some time with it.

Cheers!

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
OK, I get it now, was just clicking on the link for this thread when I realized that SPORK can be made out of the model name numbers and letters..

D'oh!! ???

Technoman said:
Nice watch, is it really nicknamed the Spork? Why?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
bullosa said:
I like this design because of the simple high legible clock look alike.
That's one of the things that attracts me to this watch: very easy to read. Again, a no-fuss watch, that looks good and has a very decent movement. The Spork would be a great daily-wearer IMO.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts