The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there to you all,

Besides once owning two genuine Rolex watches, (S/S Datejust, Air King Date) and a Rotary Diver's watch, I now am the proud owner of a Seiko Solar Air Diver's 200m watch.

I chose this watch after careful consideration because I was looking for the following in a watch, in this order :-
Accuracy, Reliability, non short term battery replacement and beauty.

I must say how wonderful it is to be able to put on my new Seiko Diver's watch and not have to be concerned about inferior accuracy of an automatic movement. I am not against automatic watches, but I've found that it is great to own one and I also have a new Tissot Visodate automatic that I bought in Dubai in October last year, but it looses about 2 minutes a week. That's terrible for a $650 watch. I live in South Africa and we have access to all sorts of lovely watches which cost a whole lot more than they do in America or in Australia.

I'm very please with my new Seiko.. that's all I can say...

Pics to follow....

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been heavy Googling and searching eBay for Seiko solar pieces of late myself....

They (Seiko) really do appear to be leading the way, and their prices are very affordable to say how nice they look.

I remember the days when a solar piece LOOKED like a solar piece.

These days, you wouldn't even know.

Nice piece... and health to wear sir! :cool:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Kind of a more sporty stargate, solar style !

Enjoy your new watch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts