The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It should be the last for 2014

...the second hand is painted blue but the color changes with different light angles.

...the cut of the case is different from the SCVS series, certainly more refined but just on par with the Sumo, I would say.

...the mid-link of the bracelet is cut to an angle at both ends.

...the crown is set with a piece of black gem (personal wishful thinking and it is probably a piece of plastic)

...nothing interesting for the 6R15 movement, which could be kind of downgrading the Brightz line from the usual 8L.

...as I have the sarb065, the sunburst dial is nothing new. Anyway, cream color is another feature of my personal favorite and the sunburst effect is more visible than in black. Indices are certainly well polished with ends sliding toward the center. The lack of lum on both hands and indices are personal preference as well.

Could it be called a "Little GS"....

·
Ultimate Collector
3,303 Posts
A beautiful watch. I agree the 6R15 is no match for an 8L. The sunburst dial and the blue second hand are lovely. I notice Seiko are using blue second hands on several GS models, in particular the excellent SBGA011 'Snowflake'.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
I too have a SARB065 but must admit I much prefer the case shape of your SDGM001. I want one:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
That is a VERy nice watch, congratulations!

Is there any hint regarding the material of the crown button?
I personally would consider it a real bummer if the insert indeed was made of plastic (= a fake "jewel")...

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
That's a very nice looking watch.

Love the textured dial and the large crown.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wish I could get this case with the Cocktail Time dial... Although this might just be close enough... I see that you have both though, so you don't have to choose!

·
Special Member
5,245 Posts
Good looking watch! Has a great aesthetic balance of all parts, including the bracelet which I normally don't like when is partially polished.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is a VERy nice watch, congratulations!

Is there any hint regarding the material of the crown button?
I personally would consider it a real bummer if the insert indeed was made of plastic (= a fake "jewel")...

Best
Hermann
I read on another forum that it is Onyx
I love this watch but I'm on the fence on whether to get the cream or black

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a question here for owners of this watch. Are the writings on the case back proper engravings or just laser etches?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts