The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to share my joy in getting this new timepiece.

It's a unique piece as it is limited to 50 pieces in the world.

I feel that Seiko sincerely wants to make something different this time - it does NOT only change the case (white, blue, whatever as they did and called it special edition before) but this time, every part is something we've never had before, especially the textured dial.

Under different light sources, the bezel and the dial have different colours.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
what color is the bezel and shroud? like you said, it appears to be different colors at different angles. where did you get to purchase this one? nice watch.....

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
24,663 Posts
Details Please :) I must say, That MM is one Helluva Looker >:D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Wow...great shots too...I bet you haven't stopped smiling since you got it?

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
:bravo_2: Last summer the Japan fashion mag DIME commissioned Seiko to make this LE rose gold shroud version. petew was the first to buy one!!! By then they were all sold out! At that time, most posters poo pooed their beloved Tuna :)) ....but you guys now love it ! hahaha!

·
Registered
708 Posts
thianwong1 said:
At that time, most posters poo pooed their beloved Tuna :)) ....but you guys now love it ! hahaha!
Well, I still find this one awful. ;D Turning a Tuna into a piece of jewelry is against my beliefs.
But again, what do I know? I do understand that from the point of view of the serious collector this edition is highly desirable, so to each their own.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Actually, the cool thing about this watch is that unlike the pics, in person, the watch actually doesn't come across as very blingy. The color of the shroud is pretty much the same as what you'd see on a brand new penny and overall the look is almost steam punk like. Much more bronze than gold. Looking at only pictures, I know that's hard to believe but for me, when i wear it, I don't feel like it's blingy or flashy at all, certainly any more than say a Gold 7C46 1000M diver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
petew said:
Actually, the cool thing about this watch is that unlike the pics, in person, the watch actually doesn't come across as very blingy. The color of the shroud is pretty much the same as what you'd see on a brand new penny and overall the look is almost steam punk like. Much more bronze than gold. Looking at only pictures, I know that's hard to believe but for me, when i wear it, I don't feel like it's blingy or flashy at all, certainly any more than say a Gold 7C46 1000M diver.

[/quote]

Petew, I 100% agree with what you said. I also wanna add that, pictures really can't capture the beauty of this watch. The colour is just right but the watch in pictures is not as beautiful as it should be no matter how hard I've tried. I'm not exaggerating - it is more beautiful when you see it in person.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah, one more thing, my friend has nicknamed my watch - chocolate tuna.
Well, it is sometimes gold and sometimes chocolate brown - depending on the environment. What an interesting tuna.

·
Banned
4 Posts
dschaen81 said:
Well, I still find this one awful. ;D Turning a Tuna into a piece of jewelry is against my beliefs.
But again, what do I know? I do understand that from the point of view of the serious collector this edition is highly desirable, so to each their own.

I know where you are coming from. You are probably one of the few people that use diver watches for . . . um . . . diving.

Personally, I am not a diver, but I live the look of a dive watch. I think it looks great!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Such a beauty! WOW! <3
I am Loving it!!! DEFINITLY! I have "just" an Tuna, but this is one of the best Limited editions i have ever seen!
Great! I hope u will have a lot of Fun with this Legendary Watch!
Thank u for sharing us the pictures! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts