The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in town this morning, doing nothing much, just the usual rare weekend off Sunday shopping catch up.
I happened to go into a charity shop for why i really don't know, and this was in the cabinet with a price of £4.99 GBP, Casio G Shock Resist 3155. I needed a new beater for work, so I thought what the hell.
The time was out, so I googled the instruction manual pressed all the right buttons in the right order....Most unusual for me and it is working just fine, it reset as it should etc etc
Just a couple of pics
Cheers,
Vyn
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
So am I right in thinking that's a solar powered, remote controlled 200m W/R G Shock for £4.99 ?

:c029:You lucky B*stard !!:72:

·
"The Prospector"
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
:sorry::hee20hee20hee:
you are absolutely correct Dani, its rated at 20 bar actually 660 ft, which i guess is 200 meters, but as I don't intend to dive too view the titanic I ain't too fussed :) and being an 'oldie' its feet wiv me
no box or papers though
Sniggers

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Good find. I often check the huge collection of charity shops on my highstreet. Nothing so far.

Hope you cleaned all the DNA off before putting it on.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Hi Vyn

That's a result and a half there :)
Can't do better as a work beater.
Especially as it's already been "beat" for you.

I've never found a watch, of any description, in my local charity shops.
Think it was meant to be yours.

Enjoy...

Kind Regards

Graham

·
"The Prospector"
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thks Graham, Hope you are keeping well ? :)
Cheers SS & xzqt, my first Casio tbh never bothered with them before....But at that price, I shall be looking for more :)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Solar and multi band, and it looks good.

Great pick up. I am jealous.

·
"The Prospector"
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
cheers Casiojem, u've got a few i'm thinking, the clues in the name i guess :) And tbh i have worn it a time or two and love it more than my suunto, so it's not going too be my 'beater' after all. Guess I need too trawl the charity shops for a 'beater' now :) P.S. and i just picked up a G Shock tin for it on our favourite auction site :) So happy days

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
cheers Casiojem, u've got a few i'm thinking, the clues in the name i guess :)
Yeah, but not that one.

At that price, what's not to like?

That for me is the appeal of Casio - as I and many others have said before on here - there is no other watch that gives you that much bang for the buck

1 - 17 of 17 Posts