The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
"The Prospector"
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Orient Bambino arrived today, I soon jetisoned the mesh bracelet, in favour of the original brown leather one. Unfortunately, some 'muppet' has made an extra hole in the Orient strap in between the pre drilled ones, completely destroying the croc strap effect, grrrrr what a T**t, so I guess its back too ebay to find an original leather strap for it. The watch came with instructions and signed guarantee, no box though, I do have a spare Orient box, shame i dont have a spare strap :( Apart from that lil faux pas, the watch is 'as new' or as near as damnit.
I have attached a cple of pics with both the original strap and the aftermarket mesh one. I think I prefer the leather one, despite the damage too it.
Cheers
Vyn
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Great watch. I've been eyeing those for a while now, but I don't really need another white dial watch. I'll stick with my Orient Star JDM model for now. I notice these don't seem to be available in Japan.

·
Registered
688 Posts
The Bambino is probably the single best value in a "classic" new dress watch available anywhere. If I didn't already own a few similar vintage watches I would have one. Congratulations!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had one of these a year or two back and recall the original strap as being fairly subpar, so you're not missing out by having a 'modified' version. The watch itself is a cracker and there are plenty of other leather straps out there that go well with this.

·
"The Prospector"
4,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dunno i have a very small wrist and it doesnt wear big, cos of the back it kinda sits in the wrist, i have now had it 3 days and it hasnt lost or gain a second, not bad for a cheap mechanical movement IMHO :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yeah, a friend of mine just got one- I'm used to seeing that style/that kind of domed crystal on a Omega Constellation, which is a bit smaller

1 - 20 of 20 Posts