The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these up today from a person that responded to a local forum ad I had placed for wanted older Seiko divers running or not. I was surprised to get an email from someone with a picture of these two and a 7t36 which I was not interested in the chronometer. After going out to look at them the individual that had them told me he was the original owner, watched had never been serviced. The 6309 was purchased in a military PX in Europe early 80s and the Arnie was purchased in Maine in 86. Been sitting in a safe for 20-25 years. Aside from a few crystal scratches(Can that be buffed out?) They are in excellent condition. The lume on the hands and dial match. While I paid perhaps a little more than I wanted to feel I did get a great deal! The 6309 actually has a german/English date wheel have not seen one of those. Anywho pleased with these!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Great job Gene....glad to see you were able to get two of the three....they are in like new condition too
i know i would be honored to have them in my collection...great work

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jringo appreciate the sound advice!

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well i am glad i was able to help..always glad to help you Gene.....God Bless John

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put one up on craigslist and never got a response! Local gun forum got 2 hits! Now I need to find a pair of bands for them!

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well smart thinking Gene..i have found watches from many places....well get genuine ones..the trading post has them from time to time..if you plan on wearing them ...get good quality ones...God Bless John

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going to get them both serviced and maybe replace the Arnie crystal.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
sounds like a great plan....can't wait to see them all completed too

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Need to stop buying watches and focus on the ones I have! LOL Got a few to get serviced now!

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Gene...stop buying...how is that possible...we all say that ....but it is seldom done...too many different models...but you are correct...buy ones you like and do the repairs and service them...it can get a little out of control unless you do...God Bless John

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Maybe flip one or two to finance the next buy ;)

I've just bought a Seiko 1/100th second chrono just to play with it. I don't think I want to keep it, but the whirring 1/100th hand has fascinated me :)

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well it sure is fun to trade and get new ones too

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes love that new watch feel! Until the next one! lol

·
Registered
6,715 Posts