The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 7548-7000 JDM and I really like it. Got the camera out and took a few pics of my other 2 also. I hope you all enjoy (I'm not the best photographer so bear with me). First, the new one JDM 7548-7000, Water Resist 150M Dial from May 1980 ...

[b]Secondly, JDM 7548-7010, Professional 200M from Nov 1984 ...[/b]

[img]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/Arco_04/7548-7010onAnvil.jpg

[b]Lastly, 7548-700F (for North American Market) SQ Divers 150M Dial from Feb 1985. This is the youngest example but I have owned it the longest. [/b][b]
Purchased new by my girlfriend at the time in 1985.
I know it should have a pepsi bezel insert, but during a Seiko service in Toronto I think the entire bezel was replaced with the insert you see here. So if anyone has a pepsi insert for this that they could part with let me know.[/b]

[img]http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/Arco_04/7548-700FonOriginalSQBracelet.jpg

[IMG]

[b]And a couple of group shots ...[/b]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[b]Hope you all enjoy, please feel free to show yours too !![/b][b]
Best Regards, RossG, Canada[/b]

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that is in fantastic shape ... Is that the original insert, I suppose that is the one I need.
btw I do have a new crystal for mine I looked closely at my dial (and the crystal looks horrid) because the Divers 150 script
is silver on your dial and goldish on mine, I wonder why?
Ross

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Arco_10 said:
Wow that is in fantastic shape ... Is that the original insert, I suppose that is the one I need.
btw I do have a new crystal for mine I looked closely at my dial (and the crystal looks horrid) because the Divers 150 script
is silver on your dial and goldish on mine, I wonder why?
Ross
No, that's a replacement as are the hands and crystal. It led a hard life and it looked it before it's recent spa treatment. It's now retired and only worn on special occassions.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aurelius said:
No, that's a replacement as are the hands and crystal. It led a hard life and it looked it before it's recent spa treatment. It's now retired and only worn on special occassions.

Well worthy of the special occasion post I think, I really like it
Ross

·
Registered
534 Posts
my modded 7548 after the Toucan bird colors....found the head only on Japan auctions....in totally wabi condition (a construction worker must have owned it!)...so I had it modded and now represents the Seiko quartz icon in the collection....

·
Registered
70 Posts
My 7548's are the only divers I've worn for months .
They tick all the boxes for me .
I'm currently waiting on some parts to tidy up three of them , the fourth I'd like to mod .

best regards Scott.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nice family, Arco! Didn't know there was a "Professional 200" 7548, I thought it was only a 7C43 model.
I have Just one, a 7548-700F all original except for the hour&minute hands.

First pic is with a replacement insert, the other pics are with the original one

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Guys thanks for the replies, some very nice examples there.
Thian, I have never had a yellow dialed watch, but you have me thinking
Galpo, Watch is in beautiful shape! I don't suppose you want to get rid of your original 700F insert ??
Scott, Wow, very nice group, all JDM which ones are they? (700F, 7000 ...) Which one are you planning to mod? I wear mine alot too.
Andries, Nice watch, just can't go wrong with the 7548.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Arco_10 said:
Hey Guys thanks for the replies, some very nice examples there....
Galpo, Watch is in beautiful shape! I don't suppose you want to get rid of your original 700F insert ??
Thanks. When I got it I've tried a repro insert, but sorry, nothing like the original... as you know already.
I think a 7002 pepsi insert is good for your bezel too, maybe they are easier to get?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Arco_10 said:
Hey Guys thanks for the replies, some very nice examples there.
Scott, Wow, very nice group, all JDM which ones are they? (700F, 7000 ...) Which one are you planning to mod? I wear mine alot too.

Thanks also , the models are 700B , 7000 , 7000 , 700C .
It's the second 7000 that I might mod , I've just not decided on the style I want yet .

best regards Scott.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well we will look forward, to a pic when you get your mod done Scott

OK Galpo I will look for a 7002 pepsi insert too, thanks a lot

Ross

1 - 13 of 13 Posts