The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one of my best finds in a charity shop, It proves to me there are still gems out their to find. I brought this little gem for less than $15 I cant believe it was labelled by their valuer as simply automatic watch. A seiko 6105 8110 for less than £10 I must be the luckiest person around lol. I seem to be adding to my bargain basement seiko collection on a daily basis at the moment I also picked up with a load of other vintage watches at a car boot sale for 50p each.

Attachments

·
Administrator
33,753 Posts
Congratulations, you will struggle to ever beat that buy :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Vehicle Car

Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Fashion accessory Jewellery

Watch Watch accessory Blue Product Fashion accessory

Watch Watch accessory Digital clock Fashion accessory Material property I thought I would add a few picks of my 50p car boot finds all from the same seller I didnt know much about watches at the time because I would have brought the whole bag full but heres a few.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Nice find indeed! Been looking for a nice divers watch myself but those are out of my price range.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice find indeed! Been looking for a nice divers watch myself but those are out of my price range.

Enjoy!
If a certain auction site didnt charge such ridiculous final value fees im sure you could have brought one last night. pm me should you wish

·
Registered
508 Posts
I brought this little gem for less than $15 I cant believe it was labelled by their valuer as simply automatic watch.
All it is an automatic watch. To the man in the street and the valuer, this is an old watch that can't be fixed by the shoe repair guy in the mall and not worth even $15. As watch collectors make up a tiny fraction of the foot traffic in charity shops, I'd say the valuer (who wouldn't be interested in watches anyway) priced it to hopefully sell reasonably quickly, not be overlooked for months or even years.

And that I'm very grateful for...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts