The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I have one of these. Purely to own it. I think they're an epic bit of 70s tech!

OK I wish it was a 99 for more modern quartz but a great close second!

I had a segment driver chip go bad after a couple of months but an easy swap

Congratulations!

·
Registered
271 Posts
So, you have an older, discontinued, quartz movement watch. It's running fast/slow. There is no adjustment, and, you can test that it's off. Where do you go from there?

·
Special Member
3,461 Posts
Check the movement, does it suffer from old gummy oils, making it run with more resistance. Check the old quartz crystal, old style crystals were made from natural quartz, so old age can make the crystal vibrate outside of the original specifications.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Nice, John - I was wondering when you would get a QuartzTester - I really like mine.

I have been able to dial-in the accuracy of my 754X movements with my QT-99.

When the battery on my 7548-700C finally dies, I might send this one your way for service and a fresh crystal/seals.

·
Craftsman
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, you have an older, discontinued, quartz movement watch. It's running fast/slow. There is no adjustment, and, you can test that it's off. Where do you go from there?
I gather if there is not variable trimmer adjustment you really cannot do much to adjust the watch. I have seen where some movement allow you to do a one time adjustment for plus or minus but would have to read up on that a bit more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts