The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since seeing Pollyc's Seiko Weekdater I've been really wanting one probably more than any other Seiko and lookey what arrived via Kevin the postie this morning :D

A June '64 Weekdate with full day of week window :cool: It came with a leather strap that was so old it was harder than Chuck Norris with a wasp in his mouth. It came with it's original bracelet which was all bent out of shape but with a bit of bashing and swearing in my workshop that is now sorted :grin: That is not a crack in the crystal it's a hair off my arm! Here it is on it's original bracelet (note used a blow torch to remove excess arm hair for this photo shoot)...

I am so pleased with this watch it's untrue! It all works and is keeping perfect time. The only downside is the back is worn smooth apart from I can just about make out the dolphin and the serial number. It came via the original owners grandson who said he's grandfather was a jewellery buyer for a department store in Tottenham in London and he's also sent a bio about his grandfather to keep with the watch. It's now back on the NATO strap as I think it suits the watch and it's nicer to wear in this hot weather. So bleeding happy with this watch!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Awesome!

Where do you people get these finds from. I really fancy the supercompressor lookalike seiko sportsmatic silverwave from the mid 60's but can't find one. You just don't find good vintage on eBay.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Great addition to your collection! I like this type of classic watch.

It should look also good on a brown leather strap with light stiches (hirsch duke ?).

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,744 Posts
Nice! I need to start looking for one of those.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you gentlemen! I needed some thing to pry that 62mas off my wrist I got from Tom for a while and I found it. Loving these vintage Seiko's.

And Mr Bond your correct I did not get this one off eBay but.... I'm keeping shhhtum about this ones supply source just in case another classic comes along. Sorry!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Lovely watch. Dial/hands like an ancestor of the SARB035...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
lovely watch! Mine says hi :)

Twins! Lovely watches :) Yours has a much better case back than mine. Without a eye glass you can only see the serial number on my watch. Superb! Love it.

Serial number on mine is 4603063 and the case back is otherwise identical. Only difference is the hands. The earlier watch having lumed hands.

·
Special Member
6,533 Posts
What a beauty - congrats - but get it back onto that original bracelet - the NATO just isn't right to my eye - when an original bracelet of such perfect form that compliments the case and dial is around, you gotta leave it on !

Enjoy that great score and wear it in good health !

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Thats a cracker, get it off the nato and back on the bracelet though!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts