The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started collecting Seiko chronos this year. Tom aka Thickman808 has been my guru and it has to be said everything I have brought from him has been cheap and in superb order with all genuine parts throughout.
Well to date I have:

Pepsi Pogue thingy's
-------------------
1 x 6139-600x - 1970 Resist dial in blue
1 x 6139-600x - 1978 blue dial looks to be NOS!
1 x 6139-600x - 1969 Yellow Proof 'T' dial :)
1 x 6139-600x - 1971 Silver resist dial - Arrived yesterday :D

The rest
--------
1 x 6138-8030 - Blue dial in nearly NOS condition (Thanks Tom!)
1 x 6138-3002 - Jumbo - Black dial (Thanks again Tom!)
1 x 7016-8000 - Blue dial - This little beauty started my obsession!
1 x 6117-6410 - Navigator - Love this watch
1 x 6117-6400 - World Time in Silver with GMT error dial :)
1 x 6138-0030 - Blue dial to be added to my collection soon (Thanks yet again Tom!!)

All with original straps :)

A few pics below including my Silver dial Pogue. Unfortunately it's hairspring has become a bit touchy in places since it's journey from the USA through the postal systems but it will be sorted in the near future with a bit of tinkering. I also need to get a NOS inner bezel for it as it has started to faid a bit and I do like em black as black can be but still it's not badly faided and being a grey matches well with the dial. Nice that it's on the solid link Stelux bracelet too :)

I did have another 4 pogues of various flavours but I've decided to only have one of each now and have given the others to Tom to service and sell on his new website. I cannot speak highly enough of Tom (Thickman808) for his knowledge, quality of workmanship and just for being a super nice guy!

Tone

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The little 7016-8000 that started my addiction to Seiko chronos.

I brought the strap NOS from Stefan and made the end links myself as the Z022 originals are super hard to find anywhere!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I think this is the last of them my 1972 Jumbo 6138-3002 which again came from Tom mr Thickman808 :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Nice collection:93:

My favorite of the lot is your 6138-8030, imo a good buy considering its condition. These seem to be overshadowed by the other 6138's but I like them.

I am currently keeping my eyes peeled for a Jumbo and Panda but boy is it difficult finding 6138's in good condition for a reasonable price. It's a waiting game.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks folks rather chuffed with that little lot myself :)

Pollyc I have to agree although my favorite changes daily as I decide which to wear the most classy watch bar none is that 8030 that I got from Tom. It's in amazing condition too and I'd say hardly ever been worn as the clasp on the bracelet is almost untouched and looks pretty much the same as the one on my 1978 NOS Pogue.

When I'm in my workshop cobbling clocks back into life I have to admit I still wear my Casio G-Shock I brought brand new in 1992! That things been lost in the garden for a year, run over by various JCB diggers and land movers, been diving down to 100mtrs on many occasions and only had it's battery replaced in Jan 2012! I did buy a Pogue for the workshop but I just couldn't bring myself to wear it in case it got scratched!!! It's a illness I tell you!!!!

T

Nice collection:93:

My favorite of the lot is your 6138-8030, imo a good buy considering its condition. These seem to be overshadowed by the other 6138's but I like them.

I am currently keeping my eyes peeled for a Jumbo and Panda but boy is it difficult finding 6138's in good condition for a reasonable price. It's a waiting game.

·
Special Member
1,817 Posts
I did buy a Pogue for the workshop but I just couldn't bring myself to wear it in case it got scratched!!! It's a illness I tell you!!!!

T
don't let a scratch or twenty deter you from wearing ANY watch doing ANY activity. seriously. a watch was meant to be worn, beat and generally abused. we tune it up and the cycle starts over again.

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
those are gorgeous..great collection...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
don't let a scratch or twenty deter you from wearing ANY watch doing ANY activity. seriously. a watch was meant to be worn, beat and generally abused. we tune it up and the cycle starts over again.

<* shark >>><
HOGWASH! lol I am wearing these at night and on my days off. As I work with lathes and hammers and wotnot all day I am damned after finding these that I am going to kill them. Luckily for me I love my little Casio G-Shock more than anything because it seems to be bomb and Tony proof!

Thanks for the concern anyhoodles :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Great collection - I started collecting Seikos with a 6138 and still love the vintage chronos today - still on the lookout myself for a couple of models - in particular a 6138-3002 like the one you have shown - that's a real beauty.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts