The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Red,

I totally fell in love with those 6c versions of the AGS SUS's, in particular the 6c30's - probably my favorite Seiko of all aesthetically.

That 6c20 is the most tool/military styled one, I didnt realise how good it would look on a grey NATO but will now go find one for mine as soon as it comes back from KenS, the battery had corroded and trashed the movement and Ken had to swap it out. Here is what it looked like when I first got it, a little less pristine than yours!

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
markmills said:
Red,

I totally fell in love with those 6c versions of the AGS SUS's, in particular the 6c30's - probably my favorite Seiko of all aesthetically.

That 6c20 is the most tool/military styled one, I didnt realise how good it would look on a grey NATO but will now go find one for mine as soon as it comes back from KenS, the battery had corroded and trashed the movement and Ken had to swap it out. Here is what it looked like when I first got it, a little less pristine than yours!
Had that mil style too...great watch......but the sleeper in my then SUS collection was your mercedes black dial version....which Ancre Steam (peter horne now has and uses it as his beater...a really unassuming but tough watch!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
What I do not get in military watches:
If they assume that people have problems to read an analog watch (why else they have 13 to 24 printed on the dial and 0-60 printed on the chapter ring), why they don't hand them out digital watches! :) :) :)

But now for real:
Great watch congrats! I love the IWC-style hands very much and unlike other SUS, I like the case!
Only disadvantage: AGS as I'd prefer regular quartz or mechanical.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
534 Posts
Axel66 said:
What I do not get in military watches:
If they assume that people have problems to read an analog watch (why else they have 13 to 24 printed on the dial and 0-60 printed on the chapter ring), why they don't hand them out digital watches! :) :) :)

But now for real:
Great watch congrats! I love the IWC-style hands very much and unlike other SUS, I like the case!
Only disadvantage: AGS as I'd prefer regular quartz or mechanical.

Cheers,

Axel
haha....well, I'm sure the design engineers for the SUS campaign did not have the mil look in mind .....rather the 24 inclusion was for the youth to read international 24hr time as Japan does use this officially (train station displayed time)......the SUS line was meant for the youth of the day who were indeed weaned on digitals! haha!
Same goes for the SUS 4S15 model made famous by the owner of Broadarrow site who first saw it in Japan in the 90s and liked it, returned to USA and friends loved it for its mil look and high caliber....the rest is history! haha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts