The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I managed to acquire this Grand Seiko First with the very rare painted logo. This could also be one of the earliest too with a production date of April, 1960. The case, dial and hands are all in very good condition including the signed movement and crown. Quite an extra ordinary find of a 1st execution Grand Seiko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they are quite expensive already specially for a gold filled case.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it from the son of the late owner. He found it inside a cigar box together with a vintage Rolex 6494 which i also bought. So as far as service history there is none.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking for a birth month/year Grand Seiko

I am searching everywhere for a Grand Seiko 1ST J14070 Antique cal.3180 of my birth month and year. This is the first find of an April 1960 GS. I copied and saved the pics as a memento, as I may never find one. Everything I've found so far has been '61,'62,'63. I'm new to this and don't get out much, can you give me some leads of great places to search for this watch. Thank you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looking for a birth month/year Grand Seiko

I am searching everywhere for a Grand Seiko 1ST J14070 Antique cal.3180 of my birth month and year. This is the first find of an April 1960 GS. I copied and saved the pics as a memento, as I may never find one. Everything I've found so far has been '61,'62,'63. I'm new to this and don't get out much, can you give me some leads of great places to search for this watch. Thank you.
If u want it that bad i will sell it to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If u want it that bad i will sell it to you.

Told you I don't get out much, just getting back and saw your reply. What would your price be? I have another watch in mind, found another 04****, but not as nice as yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts