The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if I tried, I really can't see myself as a collector ::) . My tastes in watches are too broad, I don't have unlimited resources and I have a very important ground rule that is set in stone and that I won't break no matter what: I use what I have. So there is a limit to the amount of watches that I can have, and I think I'm not very far from that limit. I do not want to get to a point where I have to wear the watch once a month so that I can go through all of them in rotation
. Anyhow, right now here is what I got:

I do have three more, a 1971 Tissot Navigator, a 1970 Zenith and a 1972 (73?) Mido Datoday, but these are going to be sold, so I don't consider them as part of the gathering. I put the interrogation mark there to remind myself that the journey ain't over yet ;D .

PS: This is the result of miserable weather and nothing to do around the house... :-[

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Fantastic Luciano!
You are missing either a world Timer or a nice SARB.
Excellent collection.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Time, my budget is fair too small to fill in all the watches I need... ;D

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A whole day before someone suggested a Tuna!

Actually, I was certain a MM300 would be cited first (specially coming from you
). If I were to get both the MM300 and the Tuna the MM300 would have to come first. But if I had the MM300, I would have one of THE divers from Seiko. Since I already have an O300 (THE diver from Orient), I think it would be more logical for me to get an AutoZilla after the MM300 and before a Tuna.

But I'm still on the fence about the size of an AutoZilla; if I were able to see how big the beast is, I could make up my mind. I have the impression it will be as big as my PRG130 and taller then my O300, so I don't know how practical it would be to wear it :-X . And remember my only cardinal rule: I can only buy a watch if I'm going to wear it. It's famous humongous size makes me a bit leery of officially going after one ::) .

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Zillas are huge and looking at your collection, it would easily be the largest with maybe Poseidon giving it a run. Only the Casio's are comparable in your group and mainly just for the thickness. I love my EcoZilla for its bulk, really stands apart from the others. If it were more "normal" size I doubt it would have anywhere near the impact...I think it would round out your collection nicely just to give you the opposite side of the spectrum. Plus its specs are impressive for the going prices (especially lovingly cared for pre-owned ones), and makes it a great value.

Best,

Mike

·
Registered
216 Posts
LUW said:
A whole day before someone suggested a Tuna!
Actually, I was certain a MM300 would be cited first (specially coming from you [img]). If I were to get both the MM300 and the Tuna the MM300 would have to come first. But if I had the MM300, I would have one of THE divers from Seiko. Since I already have an O300 (THE diver from Orient), I think it would be more logical for me to get an AutoZilla after the MM300 and before a Tuna.

But I'm still on the fence about the size of an AutoZilla; if I were able to see how big the beast is, I could make up my mind. I have the impression it will be as big as my PRG130 and taller then my O300, so I don't know how practical it would be to wear it :-X . And remember my only cardinal rule: I can only buy a watch if I'm going to wear it. It's famous humongous size makes me a bit leery of officially going after one ::) .
[/quote]

bite the bullet! the auto-zilla is around the size of the OS300, with the OS300 having longer lugs!

i have a 6.1'' wrist, and it wears well!

here's mine

[img]

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I were able to find one, and after I get a MM300, I would probably buy it. Unfortunately they're not exactly easy to come by, and this year (and let me remind you that we're only in July) I REALLY blew my watch limit :-X .

·
Registered
216 Posts
LUW said:
If I were able to find one, and after I get a MM300, I would probably buy it. Unfortunately they're not exactly easy to come by, and this year (and let me remind you that we're only in July) I REALLY blew my watch limit :-X .
haha i think there is one on WUS going for $600 with waltz adapters too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts