The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the battery, did the resest and the watch is running well. The stopwatch work, i can set the time etc. But it starts to act weird when i press the light button, the screen will go blank but no light. The screen comes back after a few seconds. The same happens with the sound fuction which also doesnt ring properly. Did i do something wrong when changing the battery? Or does anyone know how to fix it?

An image showing what i thought was the AC to short circuit with after a battery replacement.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Either a high resistance fault (bad connection), or just try a different battery, it could be faulty.

Reactions: koekoek

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either a high resistance fault (bad connection), or just try a different battery, it could be faulty.
I tried another good quality sony battery but the issue persists. Not sure if i did something wrong but it could other well be a faulty connection somewhere in the movement.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I have to say a lot of these g757 movements are fragile and do feel a bit cheap......but on the plus side they look super cool.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to say a lot of these g757 movements are fragile and do feel a bit cheap......
Thats what i have read too unfortunately. However, these days they are anything but cheap and one of the moest expensive vintage seiko LCD's.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
There are a lot of contact points on this movement, four on the battery clamp- with two of these touching pcb pads.
There are also the spring contacts from module to case, and the button to pcb contact points.
I'd suggest you have a look at the tech pdf, which shows all contact points, give the whole lot a clean, and see if it cures it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are also the spring contacts from module to case, and the button to pcb contact points.
I'd suggest you have a look at the tech pdf, which shows all contact points, give the whole lot a clean, and see if it cures it.
Thanks for the sugestions. Worth giving a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts