The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would think the mods would have a little more patience than that. They will probally lock this post!! I hope this is not a view of things to come here at the new forum. If so..... Adios

·
Registered
87 Posts
what's the point of the debate? it's not like there is a chance to go back?

it's over, done with. if you don't like it, then you have other choices.

other forum, wasn't a forum, it was an outdated bulletin board.this is a forum, with many nicer things. give it a chance already.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Don't be a cry baby! :-* The mods were right in locking that thread. Enough with comparisons, complaining, etc, etc....old is gone, new is staying, period. ;)

I don't get people, sometimes. There were always a lot of complainings about the old format, and its lack of thread bumping, along with some other great forum resources that were missing badly on the old platform. So when the owners finally get to upgrade our paltform, giving us this AWESOME home (a true mansion, by the way), what do you get?! People complaining, crying, this and that....guess you can't get to please 100% of the people, hu?

Get over it, already. The new format is here to stay (or so I hope), thanks gosh. 8)
Roll with the punches, learn to fall and pick up the pace, again. Tell that to Jose.

I too, have already received many reprimends from the mods during my membership years on SCWF for many different reasons. That didn't make me go away and cry under my pillow. I know how it feels, but hey.....thick skin is always a nice thing to grow. ;)

I hope you don't take this in a bad way. We should stick together and offer our 100% support to the new platform. There are people willing to pay in order to proportionate this great space to us, so its NOT nice spitting on the hosts' floor, so to speak.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
ptolemy said:
what's the point of the debate? it's not like there is a chance to go back?

it's over, done with. if you don't like it, then you have other choices.

other forum, wasn't a forum, it was an outdated bulletin board.this is a forum, with many nicer things. give it a chance already.
Amen, brother!

It's really nice seeing you here, my friend! Hope you stay with us forever, here. Your presence will be always appreciated, Dima... 8)

Regards,
CHRIS

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
kenny said:
I would think the mods would have a little more patience than that. They will probally lock this post!! I hope this is not a view of things to come here at the new forum. If so..... Adios
No sir, your friend's post was not a lack of patience and he was most definitely not locked out. Your friend's post was locked (his account remains untouched) because it was yet another post complaining about the new forum software. instead of complaining about something that will not change (since we are not going back to Network54 and have closed that site to posting), please try to become familiar with the new software. trust me it has been designed with the old crowd in mind (even if not all features to that effect have yet been released). Give the new forum a chance and if you have an issue with something, bring it up in the suggestions section so that the staff can learn from all of you and address the issue.

Simply complaining and threatening to leave does nothing to improve anyone's experience or the forum as a whole.

·
Registered
187 Posts
kenny said:
Please present the entire story when making a post like this. From what I understand your friend posted more than an innocuous comment about the new website. In essence he was complaining about change. Yes, it takes effort to get used to something new, but it is a fast curve.

Rather than hoping for a return to what once was, why don't you and your friend give the new software an honest try. Believe me that there are far more similarities than differences with other forums using up-to-date software.

If forums clung to the comfortable simple past, just imagine where we might be. We could be back posting on hundreds of locally hosted Fidonet BBS that swap messages once a night. Imagine how comfortable it would be with no interactive posting, no message bumping and all the other neat features that we take for granted.

BTW, I see no evidence he was locked out - vjust the thread locked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts