The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<br>

Good evening folks, I decided I should post this single unveiling, instead of putting all three in one huge posting, it will make it easier for you all to load these picture-heavy little stories. :)

<br>

Here is the box that arrived from California. Here in Southern Ohio it has gone instantly from raw and cold, to hot and humid! :-(

<br>

<br>

<br>

After cutting the box open, all we can see are foam peanuts. Let's dump some of those out!

<br>

<br>

<br>

Hey, that's a little better! I see a bubble wrap pack, and what looks like a watch box.

<br>

<br>

<br>

Okay, that's what was in there. Hmmm, what to play with first? I find myself drawn to what looks like a watch box, for some reason! :)

<br>

<br>

<br>

Ahhh, it is a watch box, but without the watch! :) But it does have the spare links and all the paperwork. Thanks Rich, I love getting all this stuff!

<br>

<br>

<br>

So I guess this is the watch? I hope so!! :) It's hard to tell, isn't it?

<br>

<br>

<br>

Now we are getting somewhere! That looks distinctively like a watch! But what watch is it?!? ;-)

<br>

<br>

<br>

Why it is the renowned Seiko 4s15 Alpinist, with the black dial! I don't know Seiko's 'model number' for this, but I wanted it to go with my newer 6r15 green Alpinist, since the 6r15 black dialed version has different hands. Plus I have never had an 4s15 before (that I can recall) so it seemed like the time to get one!

Let's get the green one out... What?!? Close the book?

Uh, yes, I guess this does 'close the book' on this unveiling, except that I want... What? <b>Speak up!</b> Oh, you want a closer look!! :) Okay, I can do that!

<br>

<br>

<br>

How's this? Better! :) Woohoo! :) Check out that dial, with those radial lines out to the hour markers! And are those hands cool or what? And that sharp red Alpinist text! Sorry it is mostly obscured by the hands, but I bet you'll see this watch again in the near future and I hope the text will be more visible.

<br>

<br>

<br>

And here it is next to my green 6r15 Alpinist. The older one definitely looks a a bit smaller, while the hands are bigger! :) And the dial design is quite different, but still very cool!

And I just checked where I got my green Alpinist, and it was also from Rich Ocskasy! Thanks Rich! I can haz Alpinist, all ur Alpinist belong to me!! :)

<br>

<br>

<br>

Okay, that's all folks! :) On to the other two watches! ;-) Maybe when I get all of tonight's watches unveiled I'll do a lume shot showdown!

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Re: My first unveiling of the evening, another purchase from Rich Ocskasy! >>>

Fantastic! Two beautiful watches and some great pictures too!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Re: My first unveiling of the evening, another purchase from Rich Ocskasy! >>>

Congrats on this nice watch. Really nice, love the interesting markers and dial.
I'm slowly discovering these little gems and their movements. Its growing on me. ;)

Cheers, enjoy the new baby.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts