The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this watch and love it so far. Another small Swiss company that was hit by the quartz craze. Houses a Valjoux 7733 and runs like a top. This might be a slippery slope.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
It is a slippery slope with all those, shall we call them, Swiss micro brands from the past. They are fun to acquire and easy to have serviced. Very nice piece and looks good on that retro looking strap.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's a great looking watch - some of the now "no-name" companies that didn't survive to become overpriced Swiss wrist candy have the best logos and designs. Congrats!

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you gentleman. I have been wearing it for a few days and it keeps excellent time. I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for more of these Swiss gems.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Very nice. I had one of those DeSotos in the past.

Many of these names weren't actual makers but bought and named by wholesalers/retailers.

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice. I had one of those DeSotos in the past.

Many of these names weren't actual makers but bought and named by wholesalers/retailers.
My guess is that it was tagged for the Spanish market? Just like you said, dial/case makers that used the Valjoux or Landeron movements. The movement on this one is unmarked except for the 7733. Could be a Heuer, who knows. I love the different details that each company used to try and set themselves apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts