The Watch Site banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks,

I´m collecting vintage Seiko now for several years. Mainly 7Axx-chronographs and late 70´s quartz.

Divers have never been of great interrest for me but during the last months I was looking for something in this direction.

Unfortunately most divers are too big for me, but there are a few midsize models. My "new" 6458-6020 from 1985 has ca. 38mm which is the perfect size for me. The 6458-6020 has written "200 m" on the dial whereas the more common 6458-600A is labelled with 150 m.

The 6458 was a JDM model; I bought mine at Yahoo Japan using Japamart.

The Jubilee is a simple aftermarket bracelet. I don´t like rubber-straps and I think the Jubilee fits very well.

Right now I´m looking for another diver; a Seiko 7N42-F100 Titanium. If anyone has a spare one, I´d be happy if he contacts me.

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Congratulations -- that's one of the nicest mid-size models. And great photos too!

·
Registered
SEIKO 6105-8110 150m Diver PROOF
1,105 Posts
Congrats, Gufi! Very cool and hard to find Professional variant of the 6458. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
That's a beautiful watch Achim !! Wear it in good health :13:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for your kind comments! :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very nice! As a sidenote, how was your experience using Japamart?
Everything was working fine. There are some extra costs (around 15 USD) but I guess buying this watch on ebay would have been more expensive.

·
Special Member
720 Posts
Do you know where this SS curved end bracelet came from? I'm looking for one for my 6458-6020. Thanks!
This is a necro thread from 7 years ago :) I would wager they take the identical bracelet to the SKX013, mine is shown here with an inexpensive ($11shipped) aftermarket jubilee, strapcode and yobokees and uncle seiko all have awesome bracelets that should fit, for an OEM someone may chime in with the seiko part number, nice watches.
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Wrist

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an SKX 013 but I understand they're 20 mm and the 6458 is 19 mm. Strap code and Uncle seiko don't have curved end 19mm SS bracelets

·
Special Member
720 Posts
I have an SKX 013 but I understand they're 20 mm and the 6458 is 19 mm. Strap code and Uncle seiko don't have curved end 19mm SS bracelets
oh dang, my bad, I am totally wrong then, the 013 is def 20mm, there are a lot of 19mm Seiko bracelets but in a jubilee idk, so sorry, I just assumed it was like the 38mm SKX at 20mm, the 38mm 025 is also 20mm as is the 38mm 4205, so odd that it would be 19mm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah plenty of 20mm options, and some 19mm options but need to find a curved end solid oyster SS 19mm that fits the 6458 case :). Someone told me some of the Seiko 5s are 19mm but I'm not sure which one and it's hard to find just the bracelet off a Seiko 5.

·
Special Member
720 Posts
Yeah plenty of 20mm options, and some 19mm options but need to find a curved end solid oyster SS 19mm that fits the 6458 case :). Someone told me some of the Seiko 5s are 19mm but I'm not sure which one and it's hard to find just the bracelet off a Seiko 5.
This 6119 Seiko 5 is 19mm lug width and came to me on an oyster bracelet
Watch Hand Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
A 20mm bracelet with the end links shaved 0.5mm each side?? With a dremel or a flat warding file it should be easy to do.

Reactions: rainy daze
1 - 18 of 18 Posts