The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this new site looks very nice and I'm excited to learn all of it.
Okay, so on topic of watches - My recent 6105 I got back from service got regulated better. However I have to ask (I got too far away from the brand for too long I guess) - Is it abnormal for a 6105B movement recently serviced and regulated to lose around 4 seconds after worn over 9 hours and then gain 4-5 seconds when rested dial up off wrist overnight? I am concerned the loss while wearing will continue to gain loss.
I would really appreciate as much opinion on this type of timekeeping. I forgot the characters of the 6105 movements.

Thanks
Gerard

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well its probably fine. I can't rembember the exact formula but any auto movt will either slow up or speed up slightly if its laying flat or on its side. That is how you can fine tune the accuracy. I think Rolex has listed the 4 positions and what speeds or slows the movt.

Also with a new service I imagine it needs to run and break in a little.

pic of my 6105

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
gerard88t said:
So far this new site looks very nice and I'm excited to learn all of it.
Okay, so on topic of watches - My recent 6105 I got back from service got regulated better. However I have to ask (I got too far away from the brand for too long I guess) - Is it abnormal for a 6105B movement recently serviced and regulated to lose around 4 seconds after worn over 9 hours and then gain 4-5 seconds when rested dial up off wrist overnight? I am concerned the loss while wearing will continue to gain loss.
I would really appreciate as much opinion on this type of timekeeping. I forgot the characters of the 6105 movements.

Thanks
Gerard
Just wear it for a few weeks, but at the loss and gain you state one cancels out the other if it stays like that it would be very acceptable.

The insert show on the 6105 is not like the original examples not just the lume pip but look at the 1 marker it is the modern type with a ticked number 1.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts