The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
33,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this today in a trade with Steve O great guy to deal with, thanks Steve.

First impressions are that i quite like it, good size about 44 x 50 which is big, 22mm lugs nice. Quite a colourful piece as well. I don't know wether i am being a watch "snob" as i do like my Seiko's but this even though nice does not feel quite the same as a Seiko quality wise or am i just being a "snob" :)

I think the hands totally spoil the look of the dial as they look so cheap IMO, i fancy changing them any ideas ? do Seiko hands fit ?

How do you date a Orient ?

·
Registered
9,876 Posts
Interesting look, Tiger! I do agree about the hands, but the second hand is kind of neat. What does the extra crown and button do?

·
Administrator
33,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John, the bottom crown turns the inner bezel and the top button pushes in to set the day, the centre crown quick sets the date.

I only bought it because i thought it was a bell matic with seeing the button at the top there !! :)) :))

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think the hands look pretty good on those, it matches the style and era.

I've got a similar looking kingdiver, but mine has a bright green dial :eek:

The good news is that Seiko hands will fit....... My kingdiver hands are currently fitted to a mates 7S26 diver (Dont ask !).

The main thing that puts me off Orients is the "Rothmans" emblem, IMO they would look far better without it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nice one Tiger! As far as dating an Orient, I'd say start with flowers and see where it goes! :D
Seriously, no idea.

Curt

·
Registered
547 Posts
kew said:
Jun Watanabe, President of Orient Watch Co., Ltd. considers the company logo extremely stylish...

[/font]
[/quote]

The logo has grown on me over the years. I didn't like it at first, but now I see it as evocative of colonial Hong Kong, with a kind of "East meets West" aesthetic. I see Orient watches and I immediately start thinking Bruce Lee movies and Ian Fleming's "You Only Live Twice". Does any of that make sense? Probably not, but it works for me... ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts