The Watch Site banner

My first Hamilton

3K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Peter912 
#1 ·
This just landed at my door this afternoon.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks Mike. To be honest, I'm not very well versed when it comes to chronos. There are some great ones out there and Lord knows, Seiko made a lot of cool ones but for some reason I wasn't prepared to go down the vintage route. This one just caught my eye ;) It does sit a little tall which is attributable to the automatic movement I reckon. Will have to post some profile shots some time. In the meantime, here's a caseback shot;

#7 · (Edited)
WOW she's a beauty congrats are in order for sure. Love the Panda style, if you will. Hamiltons have that solid feel of a great Swiss watch and excellent attention to detail. That is one Major League chrono there Russ.

The dial is so clean for a chrono and really an amazing cross of vintage style in modern wonder.

#16 ·
Thanks very much. Now if I understand correctly, the chrono-matic was a manual wind right? I would imagine it would have fit more flatly on the wrist since the automatic movement tends to elevate the watch a bit. One peculiar feature of this "re-issue" is how to perform to a quick date adjustment. There's a small button on the side of the case that you need to depress with a small pointed implement which Hamilton has provided in a somewhat branded fashion ;)

#13 ·
Yes Hamilton did a fantastic job with their bi-compax chronograph reissues. I’m a huge Hammy fan and these lovelies are in my list. I love the cream dial. I have the Pan Europ reissue from a few years ago and a khaki chrono.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: eray and mwadner
#37 ·
I own the Hamilton, Khaki-Aviation-QNE AUTO 42 MM watch. It was purchased in 2015 and is on its 3rd leather strap. First time I replaced it with an original Hamilton leather strap. The second time I didn't get the original strap because it is expensive and the dye stains my skin. I purchased an after market strap for half the price and this one is water proof and non staining. It is a Hirsch strap, better than the original in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.