The Watch Site banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Thanks very much Dave! I almost think of Hamilton as the Seiko or the Swiss manufacturers given all the models they offer. No offence intended btw ;)
You mean like these?

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
That is a very good looking watch. I think chrono with two subdials are nicely balanced. At 40mm it is a good size too. One to put on the list if I ever get lucky on the lottery.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Thanks very much. Now if I understand correctly, the chrono-matic was a manual wind right? I would imagine it would have fit more flatly on the wrist since the automatic movement tends to elevate the watch a bit. One peculiar feature of this "re-issue" is how to perform to a quick date adjustment. There's a small button on the side of the case that you need to depress with a small pointed implement which Hamilton has provided in a somewhat branded fashion ;)

Actually the Chronomatic was Hamilton’s first use (I believe) of the Calibre 11 automatic movement that they co developed with Heuer, Breitling, etc. after they bought movement maker Buren. It is forgotten sometimes Hamilton’s contribution to the auto chronograph race. Now the originals demand good Speedmaster - level funding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
I own the Hamilton, Khaki-Aviation-QNE AUTO 42 MM watch. It was purchased in 2015 and is on its 3rd leather strap. First time I replaced it with an original Hamilton leather strap. The second time I didn't get the original strap because it is expensive and the dye stains my skin. I purchased an after market strap for half the price and this one is water proof and non staining. It is a Hirsch strap, better than the original in my opinion.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts