The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
ok - seriously - I got a big smile on my face when I saw this.

Wow. nice watch. THAT is what a chronograph should look like. Congrats. How about a case back shot?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok - seriously - I got a big smile on my face when I saw this.

Wow. nice watch. THAT is what a chronograph should look like. Congrats. How about a case back shot?
Thanks Mike. To be honest, I'm not very well versed when it comes to chronos. There are some great ones out there and Lord knows, Seiko made a lot of cool ones but for some reason I wasn't prepared to go down the vintage route. This one just caught my eye ;) It does sit a little tall which is attributable to the automatic movement I reckon. Will have to post some profile shots some time. In the meantime, here's a caseback shot;

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
WOW she's a beauty congrats are in order for sure. Love the Panda style, if you will. Hamiltons have that solid feel of a great Swiss watch and excellent attention to detail. That is one Major League chrono there Russ.

The dial is so clean for a chrono and really an amazing cross of vintage style in modern wonder.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
Thanks Mike. To be honest, I'm not very well versed when it comes to chronos. There are some great ones out there and Lord knows, Seiko made a lot of cool ones but for some reason I wasn't prepared to go down the vintage route. This one just caught my eye ;) It does sit a little tall which is attributable to the automatic movement I reckon. Will have to post some profile shots some time. In the meantime, here's a caseback shot;

Well, I think you're gonna find you did well on this one. If there is a larger watch worth having, a chronograph is it, IMO. Gotta say I do enjoy the feel of a "new" watch as well.

enjoy!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Congratulations Russ. The Intramatic is an awesome watch for sure. Love the classy and sporty look. Looking forward to your next wruw pics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great watch Russ, congrats on the choice! Hamilton did a amazing job in reissuing the stunning chrono-matic from the 70s...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yes Hamilton did a fantastic job with their bi-compax chronograph reissues. I’m a huge Hammy fan and these lovelies are in my list. I love the cream dial. I have the Pan Europ reissue from a few years ago and a khaki chrono.

Reactions: eray and mwadner

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes Hamilton did a fantastic job with their bi-compax chronograph reissues. I’m a huge Hammy fan and these lovelies are in my list. I love the cream dial. I have the Pan Europ reissue from a few years ago and a khaki chrono.

Oh yes, those Pan models are lovely. I've always liked the blue dial version in particular.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great watch Russ, congrats on the choice! Hamilton did a amazing job in reissuing the stunning chrono-matic from the 70s...

Thanks very much. Now if I understand correctly, the chrono-matic was a manual wind right? I would imagine it would have fit more flatly on the wrist since the automatic movement tends to elevate the watch a bit. One peculiar feature of this "re-issue" is how to perform to a quick date adjustment. There's a small button on the side of the case that you need to depress with a small pointed implement which Hamilton has provided in a somewhat branded fashion ;)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WOW she's a beauty congrats are in order for sure. Love the Panda style, if you will. Hamiltons have that solid feel of a great Swiss watch and excellent attention to detail. That is one Major League chrono there Russ.

The dial is so clean for a chrono and really an amazing cross of vintage style in modern wonder.
Thanks so much Jon. Given all the models Hamilton offer, I would almost consider them to be the Seiko of Swiss manufacturers. No offence intended btw ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts