The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...well technically I already own a 9983 which would be a GQ in Japan, but it's called "Twin Quartz" on the dial, so that one does not count...

After a long wait, it finally arrived from Japan:

I also bought a KQ buckle, for future use.

Love the case lines... However, the crystal has had it.

Closeup of the buckle:

Back side (yes, the battery hatch is put on wrong):

Please excuse the crappy photos - I only have my mobile with me. Couldn't wait until the evening ;)

Edit: Oh, btw - does anybody have a parts list or the crystal number for this watch? Can't find a 9400-8000 on either Seiko Oceania or Jules Borel...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Congrats on your new watch, very beautiful, I love mine. So simple and elegant. You might try polish the crystal, I remember being plastic.

·
Super Moderator
3,034 Posts
Pretty sure it's going to be glass, based on the part number. Boley shows for 9940-8000: 300WB4GN00 or 300WB4GA00

Be careful, these don't disassemble like traditional friction crystals which simply press out- the bezel/crystal assembly must be first removed, then the crystal separated from the bezel using the correct dies and a press.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Congratulations on a smart looking watch, enjoy!

Be careful, these don't disassemble like traditional friction crystals which simply press out- the bezel/crystal assembly must be first removed, then the crystal separated from the bezel using the correct dies and a press.
I heartily agree, this type of crystal construction is not exactly my favorite. I learned the hard way :D

Best
H

·
Special Member
6,468 Posts
What a Beauty ! I say the 9983 Twin Quartz counts althought I know this one is better for you to stare at with the Grand Quartz printed on the dial.

Crystal is Part Number 300WB4GN00 with silver trim.

My avatar says "Hi"

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts