The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really happy with my recent watch purchase. I picked up a used G-shock GWX-5600B. My wife and I have been riding a lot of dirt roads on our bikes and I didn't want to vibrate my other watches to pieces. I decided I didn't want to spend the $250 on the famous GW-5000 screw down caseback model. After looking around I knew I wanted a tide and moon phase square model with a negative display. I settled on the GWX-5600B. I picked it up for $80 on eBay and ordered the bezel and strap for the GW-5000 Japanese market. I have read over the years these are more supple and taper down more then the normal models. The parts arrived yesterday after hunting down the mailman in my neighborhood. He delivered the mail but my package that was marked out for delivery was not dropped off!

This is how it turned out.

This was when I bought it last week

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I just got my first G-Shock too a couple of months back. Its a true beater and optimized for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice. I am surprised you prefer the negative display. My Rangeman 9400 with the negative display is next to useless when I'm on my bike in the daylight.

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Nice. I am surprised you prefer the negative display. My Rangeman 9400 with the negative display is next to useless when I'm on my bike in the daylight.
I’m with you on that One Sir.G Shocks ain’t got the best Negative Dial Viewing
For older eyes.🙈

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea it is not the most legible watch for sure. I even read how bad it was and still wanted it just for the looks of it. :57: It does allow me to use the backlight button which is pretty fun as I have never had one before!

Going from stainless Seiko cases to this really make me appreciate the ease of wear. I forget its on my wrist pretty quickly. I wear a 300m meter tuna as my daily watch so this is a nice change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts