The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this from the bay and had some reservation on the outcome, call me paranoid. But the time it's taken to buy and receive the watch has been fantastic (10 days), I've brought watches etc from Hong Kong and they generally take twice as long, so in all I'm very happy. One question, where's the serial number???
8)
The box

Well packed

First sighting, time sonar, 7015-6010

The face, slight crystal scratches, the day/date wheels are dirty and have some minor damage some case polishing, but overall very happy as these can be restored.

The movement, some heavy screw driver work and a clean would help, but once again happy as it works and keeps good time, so far!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Re: My first ever Philippine watch

umm, altho that watch, along with that particular seller (a bottom feeder of whom we are familiar with) are located in cebu, they are certainly NOT representative of the higher quality of watches OR dealers typically found in cebu and other cities in the philippines.
looks more like a typical manila example...

'nuff said :-X

fred
cebu philippines

cebu city

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Noooo :'( , As i've been looking for a Time sonar for some time and as my request on this board for a Monaco has yet to receive a favorable reply. I took the chance on this one from the bay, he may be suspect and the watch may not be the greatest, i am happy.

If this seller is suspect, maybe he should be in the bad seller area on this board??

I am still looking for a Monaco 7015-16-18 do you have one or a better Time sonar??

I can only buy from who advertise/replies to my requests :D

·
Registered
55 Posts

hi again,

i can see you are excited of your latest find and i suppose i should have been clearer in my reply. your watch doesn't look too bad and i'm sure you can shape it up quite nicely, and was probably priced right.
i'm not trying to knock your watch, but i am responding to your heading that it is a "philippine watch". i'm sorry to criticize but i don't want your watch to be construed as, or (unintentionally by you) representative of a typical "philippine watch". maybe it was a bargain, maybe it will shape up nicely, maybe that seller (miraculously) happened to pick up a decent piece and sold it to you, but i live here and know what's what in the watch biz and what he buys, and from what cities his stuff comes from.

i'm sorry for being a bit sensitive but i'm tired of manila watches and dealers dragging down the rest of this huge group of philippine islands and cities. while it's true that you bought it from a belgian seller who is currently living here in cebu, your watch is not a true example of the stuff found here in cebu and other decent philippine locales.
manila, as most other huge crowded and poverty stricken cities is of course a different story as far as dealers and watches...manila has some great stuff by some fantastic manila dealers, but also a HUGE amount of rough stuff too. i live here in cebu city as does my filipina wife and her family. they have been in the watch biz for generations, and the quality of watches and super rare stuff we see here and in other parts of this country still amazes me.
anyways, sorry to hijack your posting and you or anyone else can feel free to email us anytime you need info on the actual watch world in the philippines.

fred

cebu city

·
Registered
162 Posts

I bought 2 watches from 2 different sellers in the Philipines and there is a HUGE ;) difference in the quality. The first was from the same seller as the original post in this string. disappointing at best but since I needed it for parts only. The second watch was a HUGE improvement. Better than I expected and will buy from them again if something ever comes up. Still waiting for my 7548, hope it will come up soon.. If anyone would like details of my particular sale, PM or email me.

janiceandfred said:
hi again,

i can see you are excited of your latest find and i suppose i should have been clearer in my reply. your watch doesn't look too bad and i'm sure you can shape it up quite nicely, and was probably priced right.
i'm not trying to knock your watch, but i am responding to your heading that it is a "philippine watch". i'm sorry to criticize but i don't want your watch to be construed as, or (unintentionally by you) representative of a typical "philippine watch". maybe it was a bargain, maybe it will shape up nicely, maybe that seller (miraculously) happened to pick up a decent piece and sold it to you, but i live here and know what's what in the watch biz and what he buys, and from what cities his stuff comes from.

i'm sorry for being a bit sensitive but i'm tired of manila watches and dealers dragging down the rest of this huge group of philippine islands and cities. while it's true that you bought it from a belgian seller who is currently living here in cebu, your watch is not a true example of the stuff found here in cebu and other decent philippine locales.
manila, as most other huge crowded and poverty stricken cities is of course a different story as far as dealers and watches...manila has some great stuff by some fantastic manila dealers, but also a HUGE amount of rough stuff too. i live here in cebu city as does my filipina wife and her family. they have been in the watch biz for generations, and the quality of watches and super rare stuff we see here and in other parts of this country still amazes me.
anyways, sorry to hijack your posting and you or anyone else can feel free to email us anytime you need info on the actual watch world in the philippines.

fred

cebu city

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fred it was a bad choice of wording ::) I mean no disrespect to any Philippines watch sellers, some times the bad sellers taint the rest.
Could you recommend a seller that has a web site or ebay site to buy from.

I rebuild aircraft for a living and over the past few years have had huge problems with counterfeit aircraft spares coming into Australia from Asia in general. This has no bearing on watches but has made me very nervous when buying from any Asia country.

But thanks for your honesty and candor :D It takes allot to offend me and this may just become my first full rebuild!! got any 7015-6010 parts i might need ;D

Rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts