The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum, I just brought my first mechanical watch that being a Bellmatic 4006-6029.

Whilst I am very happy with it so far it is missing the small rubber O-ring on the alarm button and requires a new crystal. Does anyone know where I could find some replacements for these parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Sounds like a nice one!

And :welcome: to SCWF and its Bell-matics subforum. Replacement crystals are pretty easy to find. I found them on eb$y in the past. Check the sticky links at the top of this subforum for part # information and the like. The gasket may be more difficult to find quickly, but they're out there.
Build up your post count (I think you need just five) so that you can post some photos of your -6029.
:great:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have a feeling member Hal0eight here (and on eBay) may have once have told me that either the crown or pusher gasket for a 6138/6139 chrono fit the bellmatic alarm button. He sells reproductions of both. PM him or look him up on ebay and he may be able to confirm or deny my faulty memory.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
:great: suggestion!
I have a feeling member Hal0eight here (and on eBay) may have once have told me that either the crown or pusher gasket for a 6138/6139 chrono fit the bellmatic alarm button. He sells reproductions of both. PM him or look him up on ebay and he may be able to confirm or deny my faulty memory.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
great info JohnWN....thank you so much...
thank you Tritto again

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Hi guys. I just found Hal0eight is selling reproduction bell-matic pusher gaskets on ebay. Search him out as an ebay seller. $6 for a pair. I've bought a numbe of gaskets for other watches from him and I recommend him highly. Can't remember if he's active here or just on WristSushi.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Great info Tritto...i so need to make a gasket order...once i get all of mine in hand...i will be making a large order...great gaskets are very important...

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Well mine is a 4006 7001 from 1969...i have been trying to find original seiko literature to see what they came with but not found anything substancial yet

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Well mine is a 4006 7001 from 1969...i have been trying to find original seiko literature to see what they came with but not found anything substancial yet
The stickys at the top include links to some advertisements and brochures that might help.

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
well thank you JohnWN ...thank you i will look thru them...did not know we had them here...God Bless John

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Generic gaskets (O ring seals) work fine and you don't have to fart around ordering specific ones.
Any decent watchmaker(like me) will have one:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts