The Watch Site banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

At times, often or not, one can revisit the past with a physical object especially one that’s from family. Heirlooms are precious and should be treated as such. Good or bad, they make you think about your life.

My brother had sent me such an object last week, my dad‘s Seiko. My parents had moved and while going through sorting boxes headed for donations or the landfill, my brother opened a box marked for the dump just to see what was in there. My parents are old and not always the best when it comes to remembering things especially what’s trash and recycling.

Good thing he checked because there it was at the bottom of the box. A watch I had asked for about 7 years ago when my dad said it “stopped working” and mom got him a new watch for their anniversary. I wanted to have it and get it restored being the WIS that I am. He said he couldn’t find it, story over… my sad face ensued…

Once lost, now found! Yay!

Now for the fun part, pictures and finding where, and who, could service this puppy. The crown is a bit wobbly but I noticed it was ticking after I got it. The chrono also works. I’ve reached out to Mr. Klein and got the auto message, bummer. I‘ve reached out to Daniel at BWP but nothing back yet. If he’s as busy as I am I fully understand. If anyone who‘s experienced enough to service one, please please let me know. This watch was worn by him every day since he was 25, a gift from my grandfather for Xmas, until he took it off his wrist 7 years ago...

Watch Analog watch Clock Rectangle Watch accessory

Watch Automotive lighting Analog watch Clock Nickel

·
Special Member
516 Posts
What a nice silver pogue looks to be all original as well.
It is truly a heirloom piece.
I second both vetteenthusiast and seikopsycho2 above for servicing.
Also I got your pm regarding extra bracelet links, I will look around.

·
Craftsman
2,475 Posts
I am actually not taking more work at the moment, but agreed to look at this watch because of the family connection. I have a pretty large backlog of projects right now and hope to get through them by end of year. Seems everybody needs watch work done. LOL.

·
Craftsman
4,299 Posts
I am actually not taking more work at the moment, but agreed to look at this watch because of the family connection. I have a pretty large backlog of projects right now and hope to get through them by end of year. Seems everybody needs watch work done. LOL.
And I thought I was the only one..........lol
Good choice John. I would have done the same. That's one very special watch!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well, it's been 7 years, so at least you don't have to be in a rush. I was lucky to find a guy local to me by searching watchmaker + my location. Lots of useless results -- either cheap battery-swappers or really expensive Rolex shops -- but among those were a few places that actually know what they're doing with older watches.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts