The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, my fascination for 1970s digital watches lead to a constantly growing collection of LCD Seikos. At one point I lost overview and decided to take photos, shoot videos and put it all online. Like that me and maybe you can enjoy the virtual collection or even use some of the provided information as a reference.

My collection: timeartpiece.com
My hunting ground for digital Seikos: watchfinder.timeartpiece.com
Me on YouTube
Me on Instagram

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Seiko 0124-0019

This is my 1975 Seiko 0124-0019. A very interesting design as all the settings are adjusted via the crown and there are no additional buttons. One of my favorite watches in the collection.
More details on this 0124-0019 can be found here: http://timeartpiece.com/watches/seiko-0124-0019

·
Registered
213 Posts
Good reference for these models - well done. Oddly - I'm also kind of interested in the Tin-Can demonstrator display also.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good reference for these models - well done. Oddly - I'm also kind of interested in the Tin-Can demonstrator display also.
Thanks. The tin can is kind of high tech as it contains a stepper motor that is controlled via an Android app over WiFi. Maybe I will introduce it in another thread some day.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Also loving the 0124. I also think we’re IG followers? I’ll be checking out your site as I’m getting more and more into LCD’s at the minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. The 0124 differs from other Seiko digitals of the same age. It has the Daini Seikosha crest mark on the dial. The crest mark on the 0634 for example indicates that it is from Suwa Seikosha.

@Pippy IG yes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Seiko C153-5009

As already mentioned Seiko's calculator watches are my favorite digitals. The C153 is well built and with a bigger size than the C359 also fits bigger wrists.
This C153-5009 was built in 1977 and more details can be found here: http://timeartpiece.com/watches/seiko-c153-5009-silver

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Pippy the bracelets of 1970s Seikos are my favorite ones. The bracelets of current Seikos are one of the reasons why I've never bought one.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts