The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I’d share.

Still needs a bit of a clean and perhaps a more coarse grain on the outer links because it’s difficult to tell the centres are mirror polished in the pictures. I’m still not convinced the bezel is on 100% either, but I love it.
One picture is when I got the bezel off!:eek:hmy:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
SD70,

Nice model and that Bezel if it was removed even ...One Time then it will stay like that.
These have a ...Wire Keeper and when you remove them the get ....
Distorted from Original Shape so they appear looking like that.
there are many.... Citizens Watch Model's that are made like that also.
you could remove it and make it to a more .....Wavy Shape and that might help a little.
If it has a .... Flexible Feeling when pressed then it is ...The Wire for the Bezel itself.
The wire should be placed inside the ... Bezel when installed but when removed
it loose's it's .... Original Shape.

NOTE: I have been asked about this many times so I reply back saying this.
When I replace the Bezel back on O make that... Wire into a .... More Wavy Shape to fill
the Groove more uniformly and it does not ... Wobble Loosely. One can remake ... The Wire with Stainless that is much more stiff also.

I found when .... Re-making the Wire longer than the Original then it works much better.
Louis
(Borrowed Pictures)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply longbike, are you saying you open the wire right up as I had a nightmare getting it on, I had to get the wire perfectly shaped or it wouldn’t go on.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Thanks for the reply longbike, are you saying you open the wire right up as I had a nightmare getting it on, I had to get the wire perfectly shaped or it wouldn’t go on.
Aloha ,
Yes if it is distorted it will give you a bad time. When I have these watch's
I most always make new ones and replace the originals.
The technique to placing them back on I have done was to use a very thin
..... Ex-Acto Razor Blade that I had .... Ground Down that I use to
compress it if it slips out. They were made to a very tight fit from the factory.
If you distort ... The Bezel any then you will have some problems with it.
I make the new ones looking a little like it has some ...Waving In It to take up the space in the Groove then it settles in good.
Seiko - Citizens and Some Others .... are like this also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts