The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I present to you my new Bell Business to june 1967

Do you like?

I paired a bracelet Seiko grains of rice ...
but what is the original bracelet?

I doubt this one: smooth

(Picture to the net)

or this knurled

(Picture to the net)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Fantastic piece,

a rarity in excellent condition, congratulations for finding this watch!
Would you mind sharing how you acquired it/were you found it?

As for your questions:
The third picture depicts the standard bracelet for the early 4006-701s, it is a STelux bracelet.

The Business Bell however had its own bracelet variant, the same style that was also used on some 83xx-"Business A" models. It is the exact, smooth BOR shown in the second picture.

The BOR you fitted resembles the style somewhat, except that the original bracelet had flat links, while the ones on your bracelet are round.

Congrats again - and would you mind sharing a caseback picture?

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the compliments, I'm really glad you like it.

I saw among the splendid Hermann's watches that the BB has the bracelet BOR "smooth" equal to the series of Business-A. In fact, I bought a 8346 for stealing the bracelet .... but I found photos of a Business Bell with the bracelet "knurled" ........it is so dirt that seem original..... I am in deep crisis

I must say that the claps of the bracelet of the watch photo number 3, does not look like the Stelux style .... the mystery is very dark

"Congrats again - and would you mind sharing a caseback picture?"

to Hermann i never can say no...

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Many thanks for the picture!

As for a "dirty BB" with the knurled type - you aren't by coincidence talking about this watch, are you? ;-)

Fashion accessory Watch Jewellery Silver Metal

This is IMO definitely the same bracelet as shown in your picture above - and IMO this is a typical Stelux clasp...

I just re-checked my caseback archive (the end links are usually visible in these pictures...) and while the smooth type is predominant, there are a few BB speciments with the knurled type in the archive.
Now there could be two explainations: either the knurled (=Stelux) bracelet was moved over from a standard 4006-701 OR (as was the case with a lot of Seiko models) TWO bracelets were offered, in this case the smooth ALONG with the knurled Stelux type.

In any case: please do not fret!!!
You have just acquired a rare piece in great condition, do not let the idea of having the "wrong bracelet" fitted to your watch ruin it for you!

As for the 8346: isn't the bracelet 18 mm on that watch? What did you buy?

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

Strange......I always find the left clasp in my stelux-Bell bracelets....and seems different ...or not?

Maybe i have only fake Stelux bracelet!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Mauro,

that -601 bracelet/clasp does not look fake at all to me.

AFAIK, the clasp fitted onto the "dirty bell" is a Stelux clasp as well - just the earlier version. I might be mistaken though, but we will find out soon enough, shan't we? ;-)

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I will be happy to let you know the information sought .... and hopefully increase the Hermann's caseback collection

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
maybe this picture help us.......

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
wow..i never knew there were so many choices in the bells...that is a gorgeous watch..very elegant

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Here it is the "dirty business" .... now I have two twins ....

... as expected from the great master Hermann (Startsometing) ... bracelet Stelux

PS. not Fear Hermann soon I send the case back in MP

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
family photos

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
beautiful watches...love the bands...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts