The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I sent it to Ken in Florida and he did an excellent job. It was serviced, oiled, etc... and the ghastly yellow paint was removed from the hands. It only took about two weeks from sending it out to getting it back in my hands. I put it on a new black Hirsch strap with a nice butterfly clasp. It's a great dress watch now! The pictures actually do this watch a disservice because it honestly looks brand new upon close inspection, despite being a 1972 model. Ken was recommended on this board, and I'll recommend him as well ( [email protected] ) because he did a great job for a good price.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Hi Nilinds. That looks great. I'm glad Ken managed to get that horrible yellow paint off. Looks very classy now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is a great result. I believe i saw that watch on the bay and immediately passed over it because of the yellow paint. What a transformation. Nice strap too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks!

brew108, I got the strap from here:

http://www.hirschstraps.com/collect...hirsch-diamond-calf-leather-watch-strap-black

It seems to be Hirsch's main website, and the prices are about the best. The quality is far greater than any other straps in the sub $50 range, so I will recommend them however when I ordered the strap I got no email notification from them, I only saw the money taken from my account. It took about three weeks to get here and they didn't respond to any of my emails asking if it had been sent, so be prepared for the poor communication haha. I got a 19mm strap that seems to fit perfectly.

The clasp was purchased here, and is also good quality:

http://www.mywatchmaker.net/deployantclasp.htm

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
that looks like new...incredible work...great job

·
Ultimate Collector
3,273 Posts
A very nice looking Bell-Matic.

I don't know why Bell's aren't more popular than they are. I've got one which was fully serviced recently, and I love it.

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
A very nice looking Bell-Matic.

I don't know why Bell's aren't more popular than they are. I've got one which was fully serviced recently, and I love it.
:iagree: that they are unappreciated in the vintage SEIKO world. They were a top-of-the-line offering in their day.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
i really like Bell-matics...they are very under rated...hey does anyone have any sales literature to see what they came with..i can not seem to find anything from 1969..God Bless John

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It definitely is underrated. It's a great watch with an interesting history and it's pretty versatile, being a great dress watch or a casual watch.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
that are truly amazing watches and i am so glad i finally got one

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have one that needs a service...hair spring is sprung:)

Ill be contacting Ken.

I just stared researching some of seikos cool watch options and I am really starting to like what I am finding.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts