The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up at a local charity shop for £2. I hadn't heard of Oriosa before but a nicely patina'd piepan dial and 25 jewel Swiss auto seemed interesting. A quick wind set it going and so far it seems to be accurate.
On looking inside I found a copper coloured ETA 2452 movement in nice condition although a service is probably due.
I am hoping someone can help me to date it, I am thinking 1950's or 60's but would like to pin it down a little more.
Any info would be appreciated

Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
Well hello...that is a beautifully made watch...i know very little about these and i am sure someone on here will be able to help...what it looks like to me ....is ww2 or before...but i can be wrong too...God Bless John

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Almost certainly 1950's, doubt that it is any earlier.
The pictures on this page suggest that it is either late 1950's to mid 60's (different style of balance wheel on 1955 movement)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Looking at the modern balance wheel I'd say 60's. All the 50's watches I have (and see on the internet) have those cool looking older balance wheels with screws. Nice watch :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, it would seem that 60's is most probable because of the balance wheel.
Any more info would still be appreciated.

Tony

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
well my mistake...it is a nice watch..great find no matter the year

·
Registered
2,038 Posts

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
great info John D..appreciate it

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the observations guys.
I reinserted the screw before refitting the back but it seems it will get a service after all as it is sticking on the date change and I need to investigate that.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
well it is a beautiful piece...please let us know when you get it going...there must be someone on here who knows about these that can help you get it going again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts