The Watch Site banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of love has been put into this one. Not only is it my birth year watch but I wanted an all original 6105. I was fed up wth AM dials and hands. So I found this one on the FS section. It was all there, the dial and hands had lost their Lume and the case looked as though the edge had been used to sharpen knives on, I kid you not!
I sent out the dial and hands to James Hyman for sympathetic luming. I then took the case apart and sent the bare case to my Laser welder fir fine fettling.
I've finally put her back together. I'm so chuffed with the results!!
A big thanks to James and Roy!! You gents are real artists!!

Before case picture.

After laser welding and refinishing

Ready for the wrist!!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
wow..i love what you have done with it...great job....excellent work

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
The 6105 watch is known also as

That 6105 watch is sometimes called the ........"
" Naomi Uemura watch " by many Japanese people, because when
he once climbed and his watch got broken and a journalist was near by him had given his watch to him to use and continue is feats. A Famed Explorer in his day and especially known for doing things as a solo , and He had accomplished a lot of adventures only by himself. He
disappeared in 1984 on a mountain climb and only his camp was found at the 14.000 foot mark and only a Diary of what he did there and the hard times he went through. Later a book published documenting him and many Japanese children have loved reading it, also many other people.

The Seiko 6105, who knows where it has been and has made history
for itself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.