The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Special Member
2,761 Posts
From what I can see on my phone it has an aftermarket bezel insert and caseback doesn't match the dial. Back should say Japan to match Suwa dial.

via m'iPhone

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
those should be easy things to find and get right...looks like a nice example...case looks like there is some wear and tear...need better pics to see more

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Dial appears genuine but the text has worn / faded at the bottom.

Hands are most likely original but corroded and since been scraped / possible relumed after as the hour hand is showing the brass.

Bezel insert is definitely aftermarket.

Is the first number of the serial number 5?

If so definitely not the correct case back for that dial.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your answers guys, and sorry for the crappy pics but a lousy camera and no photo skills is not a good combination so this is the best i can do.
To DiverDown: You say the watch is full of A M parts without no further explanation so i would like to hear what's wrong.

I'm not surprised about the bezel insert is a AM but i hope the bezel is original ( see crappy pics), the dial has beveled edges on D/D window and the text at the bottom is faded but i can see 704 L with a loupe, the water resist text has an almost faded yellow/greyish color, and yes the serial number starts with a 5.

Regards.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
well my first 6309 i got was full of aftermarket...yours looked better than mine...it should clean up with a little work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts