The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
33,293 Posts
In general I should say it looks decent, dial and hands are border line for me so I think a relume is in order but obviously thats my thoughts you may like a little bit of "age" :)

Case good.

Insert after market.

Movement looks as though it has perhaps had water/damp in it so needs a strip down i should say.

Depending on what you paid it looks pretty decent :)

·
Ultimate Collector
3,303 Posts
Looks good, nice dial and case. I would relume the hands to match the diall lume. Nice 6105.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
well that is a beautiful example...it does have a aftermarket bezel insert...i would try and find a nice original one and a nice relume and a service and it will be like new again.. ...God Bless John

·
Registered
912 Posts
Hi guys , Can you tell me/us what gives it away as an After Market bezel insert ? And the difference between it and an original one ....Thanks
I'd usually look at the size and shape of the bezel triangle and lume dot, then any signs of tampering around the edges, then the font shape and size.....but guys here know way more about this than me.

Here's one I re-lumed ages ago now, and correct bezel.
http://hickman-watches.com/seiko-6105-8110-dial-hand-re-lume/

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Re: insert givaways
text/markers/dots too thick, pip too small, texture not grained enough, damage at 10 o'clock indicates it doesn't lie flat inside the bezel, or it's been on another watch.

Overall impressions:
From the total package, I'd guess it's from a HHC (Hot, Humid Country).

Dial is in pretty good condition given the water ingress, but it looks like the lume frames took some damage, and will show fringing even after a re-lume.

Handset damaged - like the dial will look pretty good relumed but show see fringes where the metal is eaten. Might go for a replacement set and save these.

Case back is polished.

Rust in movement is the biggest concern (by far). Would recommend a full strip/parts examination/replacement and reassembly.

This guy has had some hard times - good on you for giving it love and a good home :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
got my 6105. believe its a december 1974 piece, one year younger than me!

needing a service/ resto.

Give me your views on it and its originality.......

Congrats on your acquisition. Mine is from May '74 (birthyear only) I got it fully serviced and waterproofed to original specs by Cannop (on these forums) and relumed as well by his friend. Work-price ratio and return time is second to none. Let us know what you decide to do with your watch

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have been in contact with cannop and will be sending it to him shortly for the work.
Will be posting some pictures once its back and on my wrist!

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
well sounds great he will take great care of you for sure...please post some pics please once you get it back...God Bless John

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for all the comments. The watch is now in the hands of cannop.
thanks to thg for the 'point'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts