The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my december 1974, (exactly one year younger than me!) 6105 8110 back from cannop, who has done a great job getting it back to its best. Also re lumed by James Hyman.

All original apart from yobokies insert, wjean waffle and a replacement crystal.

check the link showing the work......

http://thewatchbloke.co.uk/2015/04/14/seiko-6105-8110-2/

Hope you like, give me your views.....

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
That's amazing work by Cannop, the dedication to clean the movement so many times is great to see, and lucky he carries so many NOS spares. Looks like a great service/restoration and relume, says a lot for the craftsmanship. Loved the write up Cannop did as well, short but very informative and testament to his work.The watch itself looks lovely IMO, and I'm glad you've chosen to save it. Here's to another 40 odd years of wearing!
Kind regards, David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That write up by Duncan is a real eye opener! What a great result.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,417 Posts
That write up by Duncan is a real eye opener! What a great result.
That's what I like. Every watch Duncan has serviced for me is returned with a fully detailed photographic report of the condition of the watch and the work carried out.

·
Registered
29,621 Posts
Excellent Recovery ^^^ :) Always Nice to see a 6105 back in Play....

·
Registered
169 Posts
Here is my december 1974, (exactly one year younger than me!) 6105 8110 back from cannop, who has done a great job getting it back to its best. Also re lumed by James Hyman.

All original apart from yobokies insert, wjean waffle and a replacement crystal.

check the link showing the work......

http://thewatchbloke.co.uk/2015/04/14/seiko-6105-8110-2/

Hope you like, give me your views.....

Very nice, Congrats!

Duncan worked on mine too and also got relumed by James. Their work is so solid!

I just read Duncan's report wow did he ever bring it back from the dead...happy for you. How's the timekeeping? Mine has been at +/- 2 seconds since I got it back in December

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks thg,
very happy with it.
can't answer about the timekeeping yet, only been wearing it for about 24 hours, due to not wearing it for work. (g-shock for work) Good so far though.........

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Well it looks amazing...Great job again Duncan...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Great restoration job, looked like it had been soaked in the old army tropic proofing, that we had to clean out of our weapons to get them serviceable.

Nice one!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts