The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be my 5,000th post on SWCF. With this milestone I just want to thank everyone who has helped me learn and grow in my Seiko journey. You guys have been so helpful posting about Seiko products old and new, the brand and its incredible history, offering watch tinkering advice, responding to my queries, and more.

With this forum I have found much needed parts, purchased great watches, sold off a ton of stuff that also helped others, all which enabled us to enjoy our hobby that much more. Everyone has been so supportive along this collective endeavor we call Seiko Watch WISdom.

I am lucky to have the forum and hope I have given back to it in return. It has been an honor to have added the bits that I could to expand the knowledge base in whatever ways I could.

We establish some kinship with others in posting which can grow by exchanging PMs and eventually can move to e-mail connections outside the forum itself. We establish good 'friends' and that means a lot to me. I think taking the relationship beyond just posting in the public portion of the forum is how we grow our bonds to the hobby and to become more fulfilled. Lord knows outside of "us WIS's" there aren't many people in my life to really discuss the thrills and victories of scoring vintage peices, fixing and restoring old watches, parts hunting and filling the hunting needs of others, and all in all enjoying all that being a Seiko Nut has to offer. It is all gratifying, especially helping others to get their treasured Seikos back into good shape and onto the wrist.

This is truly a wonderful place to spend spare time. I can't believe I have hit the 5,000 post mark - heck even managed to so without using the Word Association thread - that's the real measure of engagement !:D

So thanks everyone! I hope to continue to participate for some time to come, the Good Lord willing :dance:

·
Special Member
2,325 Posts
The SCWF is very fortunate to have Jon as a long term member and major contributor. I have enjoyed reading your comments and learned a lot from you. I look forward to your next 5,000 posts :) Many Thanks Jon for all your assistance, advice, and friendship over the years.

·
Special Member
2,325 Posts
Oh... and I forgot to mention. Many of my project watches would still be in various states of disassembly and neglect if it was not for Jon helping with advice and sourcing parts for me ;) Thank You Jon!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Jon Sir Onwards And Upwards And Definitely To the Future 10K Post.
Congrats 👏👏👏🙏

·
Registered
388 Posts
Congratulations on the milestone.

I had the pleasure of making my first SCWF purchase from you and appreciate the knowledge you have imparted on this forum.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Congratulations Jon, on hitting this great milestone. It has been a true joy to chat and build a friendship based on likemindedness in our hobby and building trust through our transactions. I wish you happiness and fun in your next 5,000 posts. Keep up your great posts, pictures and products !

·
Registered
8,314 Posts
nice job Jon on your milestone. Now get to work on hitting 10k. :)

You summarize what many of us feel, and some have said before. A fantastic group of people here and some wonderful relationships. Thanks for your contributions and all you do,
m

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your welcome, just kidding, I am mostly a lurker just trying to learn a couple of things myself. So I will just leave my thank you, to you and this forum here.

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
Very well done my friend
I know I have followed your posts since I first joined and you have been a true blessing and a great friend to so many of us ...so I want to thank you for being yourself and thank u for the time you have been here with us all
God Bless,John
I can wait to see what comes next

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Congrats Jon and here’s to many more useful, insightful and interesting posts from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
This forum is a better place with you in it. To the next 5000!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts