The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I got these 2 as a pair from Ebay and they cost me around $57us, the gold one was listed as working and the other non functional. I hated the gold 6119 8500 but bought them in the hope I could get the other working which is a 7625 1994 and on-selling the 6119. Well they came in the mail and the 6119 works except I can't get the date to move by pushing in the crown, probably dirt under it from stopping it going all the way in, I don't know because the movement comes out the top and I don't have the tool to get the crystal out.

I pulled the back off the 7625 to see what was going on (not that I would know what to look for anyway) and found that there was a screw and tab missing that holds the movement into the case. I found these stuck in the movement when I pulled it out. I put it all back together and it works a treat. It also came with it's original tag but I don't know whether the band is original, it is one of those expandable ones, someone might be able to let me know if it is a replacement or not. I'm starting to like the 6119 a little more, don't know if I will sell it now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
colburge said:
HI

I got these 2 as a pair from Ebay and they cost me around $57us, the gold one was listed as working and the other non functional. I hated the gold 6119 8500 but bought them in the hope I could get the other working which is a 7625 1994 and on-selling the 6119. Well they came in the mail and the 6119 works except I can't get the date to move by pushing in the crown, probably dirt under it from stopping it going all the way in, I don't know because the movement comes out the top and I don't have the tool to get the crystal out.

I pulled the back off the 7625 to see what was going on (not that I would know what to look for anyway) and found that there was a screw and tab missing that holds the movement into the case. I found these stuck in the movement when I pulled it out. I put it all back together and it works a treat. It also came with it's original tag but I don't know whether the band is original, it is one of those expandable ones, someone might be able to let me know if it is a replacement or not. I'm starting to like the 6119 a little more, don't know if I will sell it now.
Both are very nice! The band is likely not original to the 7625. The problem with the 6119 is likely dirt under the crown. This can be remedied but just cleaning under the crown without a disassembly.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OldHippie1968 said:
Both are very nice! The band is likely not original to the 7625. The problem with the 6119 is likely dirt under the crown. This can be remedied but just cleaning under the crown without a disassembly.

Cheers!
Mike
I will have a go at cleaning underneath it and see if it works, thanks for advice.

Col

1 - 4 of 4 Posts