The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys! I returned from a meeting today to a pleasant surprise from my staff. I found this on my table

This is a first for me, a light -powered watch. My experience is limited mostly to automatics, manual winding watches, quartz, and an occasional autoquartz.

Sent from my B15Q using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
while this is a very low-end watch if based solely on price point considerations, aesthetically it conveys an impression of quality and elegance.

case width is 37.5mm, 40 including the crown. Very modern size. lug to lug end, its 44.5mm so its just about right for my 6.5- inch wrist.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the case is plated, of course, though its a good enough job to convey the impression of a more expensive watch. i like the length and design of the lugs -it gives the case a late 1960s classic look.

the crown is unsigned. its substantial enough to be operated with ease.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the dial is a bit of a disappointment. it's too flat in my opinion. A chapter ring with more tangible minutes track would have looked better

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the specs sheet say that full charge by direct sunlight takes only 8minutes. ambient light of course charges it much more slowly. if i remember correctly, it needs 168hours' exposure to electric lights to fill up its 30-day power reserve (i.e. the time it takes to use up a full charge, assuming no exposure to light at all

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the hands of course tick, rather than sweep. personally, i find them too thin. the lume plots are also disappointing, or maybe i didnt charge them enough

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the manual says accuracy is at 20 sec/ month. have only tested it over 8 hours against my Submariner Chronometer, and so far neither have backed down:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
strap was an odd shade of brown. I replaced it with a 21mm strap from an Orient

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
overall, aesthetically lovely, unparalleled value for money.oh, and the chance to do your share for the environment

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
As they say, it's the thought that counts...
These Casios are meant to be everyman's watch. They will just continue to work!
I found a used Casio digital waveceptor for $35 and liked it enough to return and get it. Made in 2010, plastic pushers but accurate, multiple functions, 9 languages....amazing really.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts