The Watch Site banner

Movement Interchanability?

16K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  keith975 
#1 ·
I know from experience that there are some Citizen and Pulsar movements that though they have different model numbers can actually be substituted for their Seiko counterparts. I know you can use the Y182 movement in place of a 7T32 movement. I know it for a fact because I have done it.

So I was wondering has anyone substituted the Pulsar YM62 for the Seiko 7T62 movement? The measurements on the website are the same as a spare 7T62 I have. I was curious before I drop $44 bucks on one to find out if it will work. The YM62 is manufactured by Hattori . I'm thinking it will work myself. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Michael

#2 ·
Just looked at Esslinger.com and they were a bit cheaper but also in the product description of the YM62 where it gives you the measurements and all other information it states replacement movement for Seiko 7T62. So I guess it would be a direct fit.

Michael

#3 ·
You're right - it should be a direct fit. I am replacing a 7T92 with a YM92 and have found that at least the holes for the dial feet are in the right place!!! The YM92 I bought came with a spacer which is the same shape and size as the 7T92 and the movement dimensions of the YM92 appear to be the same as the 7T92.

So to all intents and purposes the YM62 should be able to replace the 7T62 - provided the stem hole height is the same. I've yet to find out with the YM92 - haven't had the time to check it yet.

David

#4 ·
Which supplier did you find who sells the YM92 movements? I found a couple who sell the YM62 but I was not looking for the YM92? The are about half the price of the respective Seiko 7T62 and easier to order as local watch suppliers actually stock the YM series but not the 7T Seiko movements. Seiko themselves does not stock complete 7T62's. They have to put in a special request and it gets ordered through the watch sales department instead of the parts department for some reason?
The only movement that remains elusive is the 7T32 which is kind of weird because that is one of the longest running quarts chronograph movements they ever used. I buy every "parts" 7T32 I can get my hands on and break them down by part number and weed out the bad parts in the movements tossing them in the trash as I find them in each movement. I was starting to collect 7T62 movements until I came across the pulsar movement labeled YM62 and started digging into it. Esslingler actual has listed in their description of the YM62 that it can be used to replace the 7T62 directly. Man this will save me a lot of time any money! Now if I could just find a direct replacement for the 7C43!

Michael

#14 ·
I must replace a movement on my seiko sportura SNA137 because the chronograph don't work, the original movement is 7t62, and I want use YM62, because is less expensive, but I can see the total height of YM62 is 6,7 mm while in 7t62 it is 5,8 mm, I hope that when I mount the chronograph second hand it does not touch the glass!

#17 ·
Seiko has many brand new 7T62 movements in stock in their USA spare parts department. I would think their European one would too. A new one would cost somewhere around 50 Euros delivered to Italy if you could get your local Seiko dealer to get it for you, they don't sell movements to the general public.

I could get it for you but the extra cost to Italy would make the your price go too high probably close to $100 USD but why not just get a brand new movement ?

#20 ·
With regards to movement thickness, YM62 specifies the thickness including battery.
The 7T62 does not specify this, just thickness (the tech pdf drawing shows a battery, but the actual movements are sold sans battery)
So maybe the disparity is with battery fitted, vs no battery fitted??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.