The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a couple of movements that I hope someone may to tell me a little about.
One is a Hoga Automatic 17j dates from the early 1960's, and the other is a Waltham Day Date automatic 25j from I think the 1970's, Both movements seem to have the same Mark on the main plate by the escapement.

It looks similar to the present ETA mark, but from my searching it seems that ETA as it is today did not exist at that time.

Just gathering data at present I have not touched either movement yet and both are still running.

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ivorbiggin,

Thanks for that info, I didn't know what the symbols and numbers referred to, I figured that they were calibers -but who's?

Max

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More help needed!
How do you remove the rotor on these movements?
Short of prizing it off with a couple of tyre levers, the only way I can see is to remove it complete with bridge.

Any ideas welcome.

Max

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Well it looks like you have to take the screws out under the wheel...it must be a one piece design..just be careful

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
With the Felsa, you have to move the little lever on the rotor as the arrow above suggests, the rotor will with some wiggling, come off very easily. For the as, I can't remember now, isn't there a fixing screw close to the rotor? Or search for a PDF for this calibre.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dutchsiberia,

I though that may be the case with the Felsa, haven't got to it yet, working on the AS, got it of by removing 2 screws and it comes off with the bridge, other cogs contained within, don't think I will strip it down any further.

Hadn't noticed until i removed it that the rotor only rotates one way.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts