The Watch Site banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I would like to ask if there is anyone interested in greater amount of seiko watches, mostly of 1970-80 origin?
Calibers 6138, 6139, 7015,16, 17 and 18, 5717, 19. I have a collection of those, plus some non-chronograph models like super, laurel, seikomatic and others, together more than 200 pieces. If there is anyone interested, I would go through my collection and create each piece a picture and info about its condition. I would prefer to sell my collection as is for a set price, so if you think thats for you, let me know to start spending time with catalogising of my collection. I would really prefer to pass on my collection into hands of real collector than to some speculant.
[email protected]

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would think you're better off putting all the pictures you have on as everyone is interested in this period. For me it would be 7015's

Look forward to seeing your pics

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I could do it, but I just tried to ask if anyone is interested in whole collection. I am not asking about the price, just if there is a demand. To sell 5 pieces I can use e-bay, though through here would be better karma.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I think you'll find that buying the whole 200 watches is going to be beyond the means of many members here. For example if you valued them at just $100 each, that's $20000.

That's a lot of money to transfer - I'm not sure how I'd achieve it internationally, let alone how one would organise insured postage.

You're much more likely to sell your watches in smaller batches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I understand that selling over E-bay is better, but I feel that collector community should get the chance to respond, even for less than at open market. I really appreciatte collector, who would take complet collection. In my country, main server blocked my offer very shortly, so I hope that someone is going to react.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
I’m sorry, but you can’t offer items for sale with less than 50 posts. While I recognize the benevolent intent behind your idea, it is highly impractical for serious collectors to suddenly double, triple, quadruple... their collection, and would surely make flippers out of them by necessity to help pay for such a purchase. It would also negate the hunter mentality that makes collecting so enjoyable for most.
To me, and I may likely be in the same boat as you some day, there’s no good substitute for the hard work of selling piece by piece, just as there’s no substitute for buying them piece by piece. I wish you luck, and would also advise if at all possible that you build an identity for yourself here so we can get to know and trust you, before you advertise anything for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.