The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I came across this a couple of months ago but after the post with the other rear case model number weirdness I decided to point another that I ran across. Below are front and rear pictures of the Seiko 7T32-6K19 Chronograph.

Now the strange part. I receive this watch in a parts lot. It was described as a 7T62 watch with the wrong case back. The case back match the watch perfectly fit and even glass bead finish but it had 7T32-6K19 on it. I did not care. It worked and I liked the unusual colors. A month later a watch comes up for auction labeled as a 7T32-6K19 but in the pictures the case only has one crown and two pushers all on the right. It was a good price so I bought this watch. I open it up and it to has a 7T62 movement inside but again the rear case is marked 7T32-6K19. Here is a picture of both 7T62-6K19 with cases displaying 7T32-6K19 marking. Two different sellers two months apart? and to really blow you mind the serial numbers are only 5 digits apart!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
The last 2 are Feikos.

Serial numbers are etched, not stamped, Seiko font on the back is wrong, and the waves have the wrong curl (crest?) to them as they actually turn upwards.

I'm sure if you take the caseback off the movement will also be wrong since the Feikos are missing the chrono pushers at 8 and 10.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know for sure. Most Feiko's I have seen are an absolute joke that even an amateur could spot half the time. I had the case back off of both watches before but I took them off again for an extra close exam. Both watches have real Seiko 7T62A movements. There is no doubt they are real Seiko 7T62 movements. I have several watches with the 7T62 so I took one out and even under my magnifying lamp I can not find one single thing on either that is not identical to the 7T62 I took out of the other watch. Also both dial are correctly marked as 7T62 dials and the marking are consistent with Seiko dial markings. Movt' Japan 7T62 0CV8 HR2.
Here is the movement in both watches. First picture is the one in question Second is the one I took out of one of my 7T62 watches.

Even the inside of the case style is consistent with a 7T32 and even marked the same with Seiko Time Corp Singapore TL and the small sticker that 7T32 movement rear cases have on how to reset the board. The 7T62 does not reset this way and it looks like the label has been peeled of leaving behind some paper right where the label would have been.
Press on 7T32 rear case

The rear case on this watch which is a thread on style.

So far I can not find any hard proof that this watch is fake. If it is fake why does it have a real 7T62A movement in it. Why are so many small details that no one would even care about or see like the inside of the rear cover look right? If it is fake it is the best fake watch of any brand I have ever seen.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok it took some time but most of the mystery is solved. The watch is NOT a fake. It is the Seiko model 7T62-0CL0. This is consistent with the dial marking with only the last two digits mot matching which is not uncommon. It shows up in the Watch Parts Guide and all of the parts listed fit the appearance of this watch the crown colors the dial colors and hands right down to the 7T62 movement. Still no reason for the wrong model numbers on the rear case but the number on the dial do match all information contained on the Watch parts Guide so it is a real Seiko. Also interesting is when checking the watch material guide it shares many parts from the 7T32-6K19 It shows the 7T32-6K19 was a limited production watch for 2003 and 2004 The 7T62-0CL0 show limited production made in 2005 only.

Michael

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
7T32 have 3 buttons and 2 crowns. 7T62' s have 2 buttons and one crown. The 7T32's are actually easier to use and set etc.

7T32's are becoming collectable especially in Japan.

It is fairlly common for Seiko to upgrade a watch style from the 32 to the 62 - they did it with many of them.

Must admit, that etched serial number looks odd.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
7T32 have 3 buttons and 2 crowns. 7T62' s have 2 buttons and one crown. The 7T32's are actually easier to use and set etc.

7T32's are becoming collectable especially in Japan.

It is fairlly common for Seiko to upgrade a watch style from the 32 to the 62 - they did it with many of them.

Must admit, that etched serial number looks odd.
Yes there is still something odd about this watch. Could it be the fact that they were a limited production run? At least I found its real model number after many hours of web browsing. I prefer the 7T32 myself for that very reason you stated. I find them easier to use than the 7T62 with only two buttons and one crown. Maybe left over 7T32 rear cases when they switch over to the 7T62 the next year? Most likely I'll probably never find out. Either way I do like the wild colors of the dial and the huge chunky case. Plus the fact I paid next to nothing for the first one. Five bucks I think and $50 for the second one. I'm happy!

Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts