The Watch Site banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Special Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #61 (Edited)
As with all things Seiko we may never know anything with 100% certainty. When I first received the Narrow Width H-Link Bracelets with Polished Centers I immediately liked the Look but thought the clasps made the Bracelets look Cheap and possibly Aftermarket. I have since changed my Opinion of the Clasps :)

Diagonally Etched Seiko Clasps sanded, rebrushed, and reinstalled.

·
Special Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
More Early Seiko Clasps with Diagonally Etched Lines in the Seiko Lettering

Early JDM Sports 5 Speed-Timer bracelets with Vertical Orientation

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Thats a good photo Kyle, I have never liked clasps with that type of logo, I may now be changing my mind a little :)
As with all things Seiko we may never know anything with 100% certainty. When I first received the Narrow Width H-Link Bracelets with Polished Centers I immediately liked the Look but thought the clasps made the Bracelets look Cheap and possibly Aftermarket. I have since changed my Opinion of the Clasps :)

Diagonally Etched Seiko Clasps sanded, rebrushed, and reinstalled.

·
Special Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #65 (Edited)
I'm reviving this thread as I recently bought this SpeedTimer Bracelet and I am hoping you guys can take a look at it for any problems. Not in the Best Condition and Well Worn. I can see that the clasp is knackered. I can't tell if it has 4 links on one side and 4 or 5? links on the other side? Normal stretch to the center links but I can't see the End Links well enough to see if they are OK and usable. Many Thanks in Advance!

This came from a watchmakers estate so I quess it was fortunate that the end links stayed with the bracelet all this time. Once a bracelet is removed from a watch it seems that end links often get lost or separated from their original bracelets.

Seller's Photos

·
Registered
626 Posts
Definitely a full link in that clasp, Kyle - you can kind of tell in all the photos but certainly in that last one you can tell from the placement of the spring bar. Well done! Extra links for these babies are worth their weight in gold...

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
So you're the Turkey that won that auction............lol

I put in a bid but it went for quite a bit more then I could swing.

It appears to have 5 links which will fit a 7.25" wrist. Just my size so if it's too small for you, you know where to gift it..........:)

61 - 68 of 68 Posts