The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to mod the bezel on one of my Monsters - either a complete swap from a cheap diver "parts watch", or to fit a diver insert to the standard Monster bezel.

Has anyone done a mod like this, or have any idea what parts would fit? It looks like the insert from a mid-size diver could be fitted into a recess machined in the Monster bezel. I've got a lathe to cut the recess, but I'm looking for a backup plan (complete replacement with a standard knurled bezel) in case I mess it up!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think you're journeying into new territory with this one, AFAIK anyhow.

Just eyeballing a stock SKX007 insert over the Monster bezel, it could work, assuming your work is sufficiently precise. I'd use an SKX007 insert/bezel as your guide.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the inside diameter of the 007 insert? I've got a 7S26-0040 (is that an SKXA33?) which will do the job, and that has an inside diameter of 30.5mm. Not seen an aftermarket insert for one of those, though. An 007 should be easier to find, but I thought that the inserts were a bit bigger - 32mm?

It'll look a bit like that Invicta, but with a semi-shrouded bezel. Sort of like a poor man's Tuna (if you squint at it in a dimly-lit room).

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Inside diameter for 007 insert is 31.5mm ,outside 38mm, please take these as approximate figures though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts