The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend asked me to swap out the after market 6309 dial in his watch with an original SKX dial and hands.

After removing the dial feet i used dial pads to position the SKX dial and all was well but................it would not run smoothly, bugger, head scratching time and then I remembered once before when I did this swap I had trouble.

This is when I remembered the recess in the back of a 6309 dial so I stripped the SKX dial out again and machined the rear recess out, this is when soft jaws come into there own :)

Reassemble and all seems well and it does look better than the after market dial which to be honest for an after market dial wasent too bad.

Why it was stripped I also drilled the lugs out which imo makes strap changing so much easier :)

After market 6309 dial. IMO this could pass off as original if not examined closely :(

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
very good work...aftermarket dials have came a long way...

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Old idea but still a great mod regardless.

I've built a few of them for customers over the years.....I went one step further with my personal 6309/SKX mod....I installed a 21j 6306a engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think the SKX173 dial is a winner in a 6309 case. I had one once but the dial was always a little crooked and it drove me nuts.

Nice work, John.

Jeff C

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
well that looks great...hey anytime we can use original parts..i am always very interested..

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Old idea but still a great mod regardless.

I've built a few of them for customers over the years.....I went one step further with my personal 6309/SKX mod....I installed a 21j 6306a engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
well that is even better....great work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts